New Song - Memories

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello everyone! It's been a long time, but I have finally released a new song made in LMMS. It's called Memories (the link is below). Please give it a listen and reply with some feedback on the song. Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy it!

Memories: https://youtu.be/3yzlCTG3EZI
Interesting track, but I wonder if the lead melody is not too loud.
Hi Myrmidon .
Before anything else, cool melody.
Very calm, thoughtfull, I enjoyed it.

About sound quality, for me it feels muddy, so probably you might have to take some time to EQ your song to make the instruments brighter and more clear.
The organ / saw sound that you introduce at 1:08, 1 minute later is completly shadowing the rest of the instruments, including the main beat. I'm guessing you probably don't want that, and you should blend it more in the mix, by for instance reducing it's volume a litle bit, or adding some effect to limit it.

My favourite part is how you decreased the bpm to get back to the slow part. That was interesting and also very smooth.
Gps wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:11 pm
Interesting track, but I wonder if the lead melody is not too loud.
Canilho wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:50 pm
About sound quality, for me it feels muddy, so probably you might have to take some time to EQ your song to make the instruments brighter and more clear.
The organ / saw sound that you introduce at 1:08, 1 minute later is completly shadowing the rest of the instruments, including the main beat. I'm guessing you probably don't want that, and you should blend it more in the mix, by for instance reducing it's volume a litle bit, or adding some effect to limit it.
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, mixing is not my strong suit, although (not to make excuses) I think the exporting process might have had something to do with that, and YouTube compression is not necessarily the best either. After listening to it again in LMMS, the lead was definitely more in balance before exporting. However, you are right and I will keep these things in mind for future songs. Glad you enjoyed it!
Mixing is the hardest part for me too. I never thought it would be so hard to really do it right.
Myrmidon wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:59 pm
Hello everyone! It's been a long time, but I have finally released a new song made in LMMS. It's called Memories (the link is below). Please give it a listen and reply with some feedback on the song. Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy it!

Memories: https://youtu.be/3yzlCTG3EZI
This music is lovely.
I like how in certain parts of the tune, you slowed down the bpm of the track, to match the lovely
calm sounding intro, that is heard at the start.