(Fixed version) of Stars now on Youtube.

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello LMMS Community.

Now I have upload the (Fixed version) of my Track Stars to Youtube: https://youtu.be/ZStt4QzvqC8

And also on Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/skyline-01985/stars-1.

They are come:
1) with a little bit quiter Piano at the beginning
2) with a corrected Bassline in the second part of the hook. Because they are was very high sounding.
3) a few other small modifications.

I hope you enjoy

Thank you :D
This is a very interesting track.
But please allow me to tell you what I didn't like about it, you don't have to agree with what I'm saying, because it is just a personal opionion, and I'm an awesome producer at the moment :D.
Still, please take some time to think about what I'm noticing at your song, you are free to think whatever you want, and do as you please.

#1: as a piano player, the piano sound seeems very unnatural, I don't know if you used any delay and cut or something like that, if you did, maybe rethink the delay time, or add a litle reverb so that the cut of the notes is not so brutal,
#2: Volumes: The volumes of each instrument allong the track are not normalized, you should be carefull with those, because the track intensity changes without any notice, and most of the time there is no reason for that.
#3 Don't give up. Your track is interesting, but there is a lot you need to learn. You must know that this happens to everyone, just keep practicing, train your ears, start to see some tutorials about sound mixing, EQ, mastering, etc...

You have an interesting sense of taste, sou you just need to enhance your production skills, which is not easy, but with some time and effort you might get at that precision spot as anyone else.
Canilho wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:05 am
This is a very interesting track.
But please allow me to tell you what I didn't like about it, you don't have to agree with what I'm saying, because it is just a personal opionion, and I'm an awesome producer at the moment :D.
Still, please take some time to think about what I'm noticing at your song, you are free to think whatever you want, and do as you please.

#1: as a piano player, the piano sound seeems very unnatural, I don't know if you used any delay and cut or something like that, if you did, maybe rethink the delay time, or add a litle reverb so that the cut of the notes is not so brutal,
#2: Volumes: The volumes of each instrument allong the track are not normalized, you should be carefull with those, because the track intensity changes without any notice, and most of the time there is no reason for that.
#3 Don't give up. Your track is interesting, but there is a lot you need to learn. You must know that this happens to everyone, just keep practicing, train your ears, start to see some tutorials about sound mixing, EQ, mastering, etc...

You have an interesting sense of taste, sou you just need to enhance your production skills, which is not easy, but with some time and effort you might get at that precision spot as anyone else.
THANK YOU, for your feedback, Canilho!

To the piano ; I can't play real piano. I only use the LMMS pianoroll with the inbuild piano 02 sound and my hearing. Thats all!

I will make all in the next versions a bit better, because I'm on learning how to use the Automation and put it in all my tracks.
Skyline 01985 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:40 pm
Hello LMMS Community.

Now I have upload the (Fixed version) of my Track Stars to Youtube: https://youtu.be/ZStt4QzvqC8

And also on Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/skyline-01985/stars-1.

They are come:
1) with a little bit quiter Piano at the beginning
2) with a corrected Bassline in the second part of the hook. Because they are was very high sounding.
3) a few other small modifications.

I hope you enjoy

Thank you :D
I listened to the version on soundcloud.

I must say, that the piano melody from 0 to 31 secs, has quite an interesting sound to it.
The brighter melody, heard from 33 to 56 secs, sounds really good though.

Another thing I noticed, is that there are some instant volume dips and raises, in the track.
Meaning, that the volume seems to get louder abruptly, in some parts.

But overall, this track is not bad at all. And you made some really nice melodies in it too.
Nice work.