Refinement of a Dark Melody.

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
https://soundcloud.com/seeker-tosecrets ... mo/s-PvoCS

This song, the fourth in my creation of my original score for the series I'm working on, came to me while I was searching for some notes to create and set a dark atmosphere. It only consists of 3 musical instruments, but I fear that for some reason, it's missing something. Something that I need to add in order to make is sound more professional. That's my ultimate goal for this OST. However, with my limited knowledge, I'm not entirely sure how much refinement I can apply to this score. As always, advice is always welcome.
Hi Xero.
Interesting sound.

In my opinion, your mixing needs a litle tweaking for better sound.
The melody is great, I have nothing to say about that.

Your instruments (piano + violin might need some reverb, to give them a more pleasing surround effect when they are playing.

Kind regards
How would a reverb sound when applied? I was going for an orchestrated feel on some songs and orchestrated rock on others.
Xero wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:39 am

This song, the fourth in my creation of my original score for the series I'm working on, came to me while I was searching for some notes to create and set a dark atmosphere. It only consists of 3 musical instruments, but I fear that for some reason, it's missing something. Something that I need to add in order to make is sound more professional. That's my ultimate goal for this OST. However, with my limited knowledge, I'm not entirely sure how much refinement I can apply to this score. As always, advice is always welcome.
This sounds good and it sounds like it could also fit, in a game too.

I read your summary on soundcloud.
So after you completed the track, you realised that it was somehow inspired
by Aerith's theme? That is really interesting.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:58 pm
Xero wrote:

Yes. As the demo version of the song was finished on my tablet, (still in the process of refinement by the way) I listened to it a couple of times. Originally, I was trying to get the feel of Ramiez's theme from Skies of Arcadia with its dark undertones. But somehow, the feeling was more aligned to Aerith's Theme from Final Fantasy 7. To explain it even further, I once listened to the game version of the song, (when it was first released, the entire soundtrack was created in MIDI format by Nobou Uematsu minus One Winged Angel) over 5 years ago. That was the last time I heard that version of the song. Ever since then her song was orchestrated. Anyway, this would be the "anti thesis" version of the song that I had no idea it was going to turn out this way. This song would be explained as, if she was still alive, Aerith had one bad day, shout out to the heavens and said, "F@%* it all!" and went down a path of evil.

Just my personal interpretation.
Xero wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:31 pm
brandystarbrite wrote:
Xero wrote:

Yes. As the demo version of the song was finished on my tablet, (still in the process of refinement by the way) I listened to it a couple of times. Originally, I was trying to get the feel of Ramiez's theme from Skies of Arcadia with its dark undertones. But somehow, the feeling was more aligned to Aerith's Theme from Final Fantasy 7. To explain it even further, I once listened to the game version of the song, (when it was first released, the entire soundtrack was created in MIDI format by Nobou Uematsu minus One Winged Angel) over 5 years ago. That was the last time I heard that version of the song. Ever since then her song was orchestrated. Anyway, this would would be the "anti thesis" version of the song that I had no idea it was going to turn out this way. This song would be explained as, if she was still alive, Aerith had one bad day, shout out to the heavens and said, "F@%* it all!" and went down a path of evil.

Wow! Interesting.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:11 am
Xero wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:31 pm
brandystarbrite wrote:

Yes. As the demo version of the song was finished on my tablet, (still in the process of refinement by the way) I listened to it a couple of times. Originally, I was trying to get the feel of Ramiez's theme from Skies of Arcadia with its dark undertones. But somehow, the feeling was more aligned to Aerith's Theme from Final Fantasy 7. To explain it even further, I once listened to the game version of the song, (when it was first released, the entire soundtrack was created in MIDI format by Nobou Uematsu minus One Winged Angel) over 5 years ago. That was the last time I heard that version of the song. Ever since then her song was orchestrated. Anyway, this would would be the "anti thesis" version of the song that I had no idea it was going to turn out this way. This song would be explained as, if she was still alive, Aerith had one bad day, shout out to the heavens and said, "F@%* it all!" and went down a path of evil.

Wow! Interesting.
Yeah, hopefully, I would get that song polished first since that's going to set the mood at the end of the first episode, but that's going to take time since I'm bouncing from one role of the production to the next.