Half Hype, Half Ambient Crap Anime Guitar Sample

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I heard this in an anime called Excel Saga and decided to make a song. I'm going to write lyrics for it later. The time is always 21/4. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngTy9 ... Y9ns_ISNkE
the black ryvius wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:09 pm
I heard this in an anime called Excel Saga and decided to make a song. I'm going to write lyrics for it later. The time is always 21/4. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngTy9 ... Y9ns_ISNkE
As I heard the song start, I though it was that tune from Creed - One Last Breath.
Also known as, the six feet under song. :mrgreen:
I'm not a fan of Creed's music though, or their style of music.
But it is an interesting comparison. :D

I will admit, this one needs some mastering though.
But I noticed that you said, that lyrics are going to be added to the tune? Interesting. :D
Mastering, eh? What kind? Like what instruments and stuff do you think don't mesh well or need a better mix
the black ryvius wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:39 pm
Mastering, eh? What kind? Like what instruments and stuff do you think don't mesh well or need a better mix
Okay. Mastering, meaning in the sense of balancing the volumes, of all of the instruments
and sounds. :D

I'll give you one good example, of what I'm speaking about.
The kick drum needs a slight volume reduction. Because it sound like it's clipping.

Another thing, try to make all of the volumes of the different sounds in the track, fit well together.
Some sounds like for example, the kick sound, and one or two of the percussion sounds, slightly overpower the other sounds and instruments in the track.

Another thing that I noticed, is that some of the notes in the kick melody, seem to be a bit
out of sync and not play in time, with the other sounds in the track.

But overall, your tune has good potential.
My suggestion, is to use this track in it's present form, as an excercise to learn volume balancing
mixing and mastering etc.