Second track

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi,

Here is my second track: https://soundcloud.com/user-632665675/second

It's all done with lmms, and is more coherent from start to end than my first track. I'm very satisfied of the result.
Looking forward to your feedback though, as there's certainly a lot to improve that I don't know of!

PS: Thanks @brandystarbrite for the link sent in another thread to create the shh wave-like sound :-)
raphinou wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:34 pm
Hi,

Here is my second track: https://soundcloud.com/user-632665675/second

It's all done with lmms, and is more coherent from start to end than my first track. I'm very satisfied of the result.
Looking forward to your feedback though, as there's certainly a lot to improve that I don't know of!

PS: Thanks @brandystarbrite for the link sent in another thread to create the shh wave-like sound :-)
This tune is cool.

Okay: One thing I noticed, is that this whole tune, needs some volume balancing.
Some sounds get way to loud unexpectedly.
eg. That part from 1:07 to 1:09 secs, is a good example of this.

The intro is nice, but I think a bit more can be added to it.

The part from 1:10 to 1:30 is nice too.

I like the part from 1:30 to 2:14, when the bassy sounding synth sound plays.
It sounds really cool. And so does the part after it. But I think some volume balancing,
is needed here.

The ending, is not bad at all.
raphinou wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:34 pm
No probs dude. Hope it helped you alot. :D
Thanks for your feedback! I'm a bit late to answer, but still interested to progress ;-)
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:08 am

Okay: One thing I noticed, is that this whole tune, needs some volume balancing.
Some sounds get way to loud unexpectedly.
eg. That part from 1:07 to 1:09 secs, is a good example of this.
I like the effect that these 2 seconds are taking over and acting as the end of the intro. I like ti have some kind of climax there. How can I achieve such an effect without the problem you mention?
brandystarbrite wrote:

What would you suggest? I like the progression during the intro and would like that characteristic. I've already added a lot and I'm not sure what I can add without it getting dissonant...
brandystarbrite wrote:

The part from 1:10 to 1:30 is nice too.

I like the part from 1:30 to 2:14, when the bassy sounding synth sound plays.
It sounds really cool. And so does the part after it. But I think some volume balancing,
is needed here.

The ending, is not bad at all.
Those are my preferred part too indeed :-)
raphinou wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:40 pm
brandystarbrite wrote:

What would you suggest? I like the progression during the intro and would like that characteristic. I've already added a lot and I'm not sure what I can add without it getting dissonant...
In the intro, I think adding a calf vintage delay, or an echo effect to the synth pluck, might make that sound, sound a bit more cooler.