Not Quite Sure What Genre This Is, but Here I Go

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I have put out an instrumental version of my track "Waste of Time." Yeah, not quite sure what genre to call this, as it's too fast for hip-hop, but it doesn't have the punchy chords of a future bass track. Here is the link. https://soundcloud.com/ben-chinn-868309 ... te-of-time. Please let me know what you think, and as the track is a little long for my taste, where I can shorten it. Please let me know if there are any other things you think I should do with it as well. The beat was made using a combination of the LazerBlade sample collection and the Hyperbits Sample Pack vol. 2. Thanks for checking it out!
DJB wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 am
Yeah, not quite sure what genre to call this, as it's too fast for hip-hop, but it doesn't have the punchy chords of a future bass track. Here is the link. https://soundcloud.com/ben-chinn-868309 ... te-of-time. Please let me know what you think, and as the track is a little long for my taste, where I can shorten it. Please let me know if there are any other things you think I should do with it as well. The beat was made using a combination of the LazerBlade sample collection and the Hyperbits Sample Pack vol. 2. Thanks for checking it out!
Wooah! Amazing work dude!
I had no choice, but to like it on soundcloud. :D
Thanks! Like I said, I'm not sure what genre it classifies as, and as I said in the track's description, this is just the instrumental. I plan on recording vocals for it and publishing it on my first album. Any ideas on where I can shorten the track so that the track can remain a decent track, but maybe not a 5-minute track? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

P.S.: I'm also following you on SoundCloud now, thanks for the quick feedback!
"Any ideas on where I can shorten the track so that the track can remain a decent track, but maybe not a 5-minute track? Any suggestions would be appreciated!?

1) Maybe somewhere close to halfway in your track, fade out the track, and let
the pad melody play for a while. And since you're doing vocals, you could let the
vocals play, during this part of the track.

2) Then, do a build up drum roll and then bring back, the same main melody of the song,
that plays through out your track etc.

"P.S.: I'm also following you on SoundCloud now, thanks for the quick feedback! "
Thanks. I just followed you too. :D
Thanks for the quick reply and suggestion! This song was gonna be a pretty long one, I'm pretty sure I could cut down on the outro too, just do a fade-out of the pads and beat rather than drop the drums and play the pad.

BTW, My favorite part of the Hyperbits vol. 2 sample pack is that vocal that's paired with the cymbal.
DJB wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:32 am
BTW, My favorite part of the Hyperbits vol. 2 sample pack is that vocal that's paired with the cymbal.
That sounds really cool. I'll check out that sample pack soon.

Quick question: Does Lazerblade still make vids?
Fans including myself, haven't heard from him in a while.
Not sure? I can't quite remember where I got his sample collection, but it wasn't directly from him, it was from a dubstep tutorial for lmms, back when I first started using it.
DJB wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:57 am
Not sure? I can't quite remember where I got his sample collection, but it wasn't directly from him, it was from a dubstep tutorial for lmms, back when I first started using it.
Oh, okay then. Thanks. :)