Just dropped my new track Gemini!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
My new track Gemini, with some of the more distorted bass sounds around 1:56. Please let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/ben-chinn-868309082/gemini
I think it's great. The composition is excellent and the mix is clean. Maybe you could also make a more powerful build-up to the drop and add other things than the bass to the drop, just to make it a bit more interesting. But that is a very small "problem" if it even is one.

But all in all, it's a solid track with melodies that fit very well together. And I like the attention to detail with the drums. Well done!
Thanks! I always try to make an interesting beat when I'm working with drums, because I know that the beat tends to kind of loop....a lot. I'm really just starting to work with more distorted bass sounds, so when it comes to that, I'm still a beginner. I mostly tend to produce house and hip-hop/future bass tracks.
I think its very nice, especially i like the drums, the kick and the snare are well aranged and sound very appropriate to the genre. As was said before, i would try adding a more pronounced progression and drop to maintain interest, but very good overall!!
DJB wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:49 pm
Thanks! I always try to make an interesting beat when I'm working with drums, because I know that the beat tends to kind of loop....a lot. I'm really just starting to work with more distorted bass sounds, so when it comes to that, I'm still a beginner. I mostly tend to produce house and hip-hop/future bass tracks.
Ok! I've noticed that using FM synthesis and PM synthesis as well as being creative with the filter envelope and all the LFOs in Zynaddsubfx (for example) can get you quite far with making interesting dubstep basses. There are some good tutorials on youtube for this (Unfa has made some good ZAFX tuts at least).
Thanks for the tips! I know that I certainly have a lot to learn when it comes to zynaddsub, so i'll definitely check those out!
DJB wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:23 pm
My new track Gemini, with some of the more distorted bass sounds around 1:56. Please let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/ben-chinn-868309082/gemini
This sounds really cool man.

Tip: I think the distorted bass sound, could be a tiny bit louder and wider though.
But it sounds really nice in the tune.
Nice! I think the title is appropriate...definitely gives me "Gemini", crystalline-type vibes (if that makes sense) lol. The song sounds like it would make great BG music for a YouTube video....don't know if you market/license your music for that, but if not, might be something to look into as far as revenue generators go. lol

But yea, I dig it. Composition & arrangement make sense, and the mix is pretty pleasing as well. Good job!
Nice sound.
At first I must ask what kind of sound do you want to achieve. This feels kind of like retro gaming feat EDM.

Depending of your path, you can keep things simple, or try to add more layers, to bend your instruments and make them feel more powerful.

You can improve your EQ to clean the sound, specially after the base drop, that is more noticeable. Not an easy task BTW.

Keep producing.