Experimental "Satanstep" dubstep

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
https://soundcloud.com/skyeye-mccix/satan/s-zZe7o

So here's what I have so far of a "satanstep" song I'm working on. Honestly I do like the way it's turned out so far, but I feel like it's missing something. I dunno. I guess I've hit some kind of writer's block.

What should I do with this track? I really haven't got much an idea beyond "do something because it doesnt sound right"

It's also a bit short for a song, but I don't really think that should matter too much
The thing I immediately notice is that there is very little to no bass and it makes the sound come across as very thin. I would add a bass line, maybe some sub bass in the "loud" part. Bass lines are really fun and if you want it to sound satanic nothing sounds more satany than taking someone's voice down two octaves and playing low, beefy, vast-feeling sounds.
fatraccoons wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:10 pm
The thing I immediately notice is that there is very little to no bass and it makes the sound come across as very thin. I would add a bass line, maybe some sub bass in the "loud" part. Bass lines are really fun and if you want it to sound satanic nothing sounds more satany than taking someone's voice down two octaves and playing low, beefy, vast-feeling sounds.
Funny thing is I gave it a very good sub bass but the overkill distortion on the mid/high bass probably overwhelms the sub. I don't actually have good mixing headphones so I'll see about reducing the amplitude and EQ'ing some of the elements to get that sub bass through

Edit: I've finished a version that I think solves a lot of the issues. What would you say about it?

https://soundcloud.com/skyeye-mccix/satan2/s-W14tA
SkyEyeMCCIX wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:00 pm
fatraccoons wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:10 pm
Funny thing is I gave it a very good sub bass but the overkill distortion on the mid/high bass probably overwhelms the sub. I don't actually have good mixing headphones so I'll see about reducing the amplitude and EQ'ing some of the elements to get that sub bass through

Edit: I've finished a version that I think solves a lot of the issues. What would you say about it?

https://soundcloud.com/skyeye-mccix/satan2/s-W14tA
That's a lot better, I really like the second build up, the industrial sounds are really interesting and give a cool atmosphere and then the crazy monster sounds after that are awesome.
I really think you need to use some better compression on your drums. Is there an effect you're using on the kick drum? I can only hear it on the left side of my headphones. If not, it may just be my headphones. Other than that, it's a great track!
DJB wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:41 am
I really think you need to use some better compression on your drums. Is there an effect you're using on the kick drum? I can only hear it on the left side of my headphones. If not, it may just be my headphones. Other than that, it's a great track!
I do have a lot of fx on the kick drum, however the one that may be giving you problems is the StereoEnhancer effect. I used it to create stereo width in the main kick/808, however I've been told it might(?) cause problems in some situations. Not really too sure if that could be it, to be honest