Yet Another Progressive House Track!!!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
For some reason, I can't seem to get rid of the stuff, it's infectious! :lol: Here is the link to my new track "When the Night Falls." Please give it a listen and let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/ben-chinn-868309 ... ight-falls
Excellent stuff man. You're really getting good. You have a great sense of rhythm. If I had to nitpick, maybe the main melody repeats a bit too much towards the end (for a five minute song). If you add a bit more small variance and switch ups like 2:15 I think it would be even better. Though perhaps that's a matter of taste.

Edit: Are the sounds made with Zynaddsubfx or something else (or both)?
For the chords, I used Organic and 3osc. For the arpeggio, I used a sample from Cymatics Utopia sample pack. For the lead, I used a saw preset and a square preset set an octave lower.
Thanks!
DJB wrote: For the chords, I used Organic and 3osc. For the arpeggio, I used a sample from Cymatics Utopia sample pack. For the lead, I used a saw preset and a square preset set an octave lower.
DJB wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:32 am
For some reason, I can't seem to get rid of the stuff, it's infectious! :lol: Here is the link to my new track "When the Night Falls." Please give it a listen and let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/ben-chinn-868309 ... ight-falls
Woo hoo! This is soundin' good! 8-)
Thanks Brandy! I decided to change up the drums some. Now I have a problem. I’m starting to lose ideas in the progressive house genre, and I’m not getting anywhere with other genres. Do you have any advice?
DJB wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:09 pm
Thanks Brandy! I decided to change up the drums some. Now I have a problem. I’m starting to lose ideas in the progressive house genre, and I’m not getting anywhere with other genres. Do you have any advice?
Best thing to do in this case, is not to force yourself. Otherwise, you'll get burned out. :P
My suggestion would be, to forget about prog house for a few days, and try and make some random creative tunes. As time passes, you'll eventually get some new ideas, to make more prog house tracks, and you'll be back in business. :D

PS: Nikonov_94 gave a good amount of advice, and said what I would have told you.
Good advice Nikonov. :D
Thank you all for the advice! Btw, I posted the link to the other track I posted, Brandy. Sorry, I forgot to post the link in the original post!
Had a listen to it there,

At one time I may have digged this style of music, but not really anymore, buts thats neither here nor there,
(Hope that last comment isn't to confusing for anyone with basic English, it means it does not matter)

The track works really really well for the type of track it is, it has those swift subtle rises and quick breaks that make this type of track work well for what it is. I really like those Acid sounds in it.

In a typical nightclub setting, this would be lapped up on the dancefloor and could easily be a weekly floor filler.

Well made and executed, keep it up.