A piano piece I wrote for a depressed friend

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
"The Tragedienne From France"

https://youtu.be/SEzEWXg5hec

https://soundcloud.com/skyeye-mccix/the ... rom-france

I've never done a piano piece before, or anything with a single track, really

I did a lot to get it to sound "lifelike"; automating the tempo and the velocity, as well as inducing a velocity randomization with a maximum value automated between +/-17% to +/-25%. I also tried using tritones in the chords in various parts

I wanted this song to be truly special, as it's dedicated to a friend of mine who was really depressed. I wanted to give the song a feeling of sadness yet with a dissonance that hints at anger. And a bit of chaos, like the world is changing all around you but you can't keep up

How does it sound?
Such a nice poem, I can feel the meaning of every metaphor here, after I'd suffered from depression, poems like it make me think and understand some things about it. I had depression at the time when the pandemic was in the middle of it. Having no work, now friends to talk to in real life, being afraid of your well being and your family too, is depressive for me to be honest. Seeing as the problem was growing more and more, I began to be concerned about it, and got to work to find out what I should do to about it. The solution to my problem was easier than I thought, it was bulk kratom, a relaxing herb that helps you with anxiety attacks and with depressive state of your mind.
edlaurens wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:09 pm
Such a nice poem, I can feel the meaning of every metaphor here, after I'd suffered from depression, poems like it make me think and understand some things about it. I had depression at the time when the pandemic was in the middle of it. Having no work, now friends to talk to in real life, being afraid of your well being and your family too, is depressive for me to be honest. Seeing as the problem was growing more and more, I began to be concerned about it, and got to work to find out what I should do to about it. The solution to my problem was easier than I thought, it was bulk kratom, a relaxing herb that helps you with anxiety attacks and with depressive state of your mind.
Oh wow, I have been thru the same thing, and the solution was so easy all this time? Where have you been some months ago?