First song with vocals

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98-Lsxk48U
https://soundcloud.com/skyeye-mccix/the ... between-us

skyeyemx - Oceans Between Us

This is my first time doing a song with vocals, I sorta treated the vocals as another synth and made the vocal melodies fit in with the song and such. Some of my friends say the singing is a tad too quiet but I personally feel it's fine

It's a rather slow hellstep song, running at 110BPM. A lot of the song was actually inspired by Zeds Dead's remix of Eyes On Fire by Blue Foundation, and I like to think I sorta had a similar sound

How is it?
While I am not familiar with Hellstep, are the drums supposed to sound so far away? The drums don't quite hit the way I'm used to. Well, they hit, but they sound a mile away. Is that part of the genre, or are the drums supposed to cut through the mix?
This is some great work dude.
Strangely, I personally find, that the volume on the vocals, suits this tune well.
I will admit, I don't know much about hellstep though. :mrgreen:
brandystarbrite wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:04 am
This is some great work dude.
Strangely, I personally find, that the volume on the vocals, suits this tune well.
I will admit, I don't know much about hellstep though. :mrgreen:
While I am not familiar with Hellstep, are the drums supposed to sound so far away? The drums don't quite hit the way I'm used to. Well, they hit, but they sound a mile away. Is that part of the genre, or are the drums supposed to cut through the mix?
"Hellstep" is sorta a style I've created. I define it as a slower, more bass-heavy, and slightly more ambient form of dubstep, unlike the usual facter-paced, more "in-your-face" dubstep. I try to have my own style, so it might take some getting used to. I have 4 hellstep songs at the moment (Soundcloud playlist, YouTube playlist).

What do you guys think of the style, if anything? Do you think it sounds unique enough? And well, do you think it's any good?
I mean, for me, I like the drums in any EDM song to really slap, because the drums are what give the most energy and the sense of movement in a song. I would prefer it that way, but that's just me, so it's whatever you feel satisfied with. That is the most important thing with this kind of music. It really doesn't matter what we think in terms of the technicalities. What matters is if you enjoy making it, and people enjoy listening to it. If what you're making checks both of those boxes, then it's good!
Nice and original !

Is the mix saturation in the drums volunteer ?
I think it is good to go away from the necessary "in your face" and drops : Ba.......ba........ba...ba....bababababababa!
The mix of the vocal is good for me, just the drum mix that shoule be clearer but it may be your style, i'll have a check at other tunes.