Integrity - new track - please give feedback!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
hey all

have a listen to my new track 'Integrity' below on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/beagle31/integrity

It's a dark, grimy instrumental and ideally I would like to get a couple of rappers/MC's to bar over the top of it. Please let me know what you think, as ever all feedback is appreciated! (even better - if you know of or are friends with any rappers put us in touch if you think they would be interested!)

beagle
oh yeah, forgot to add - with this tune I am truly living up to my alias as 'beagle', having sampled the bark in the track myself from my dog, Frank (check my soundcloud for a picture of him)
beagle wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:12 pm
hey all

have a listen to my new track 'Integrity' below on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/beagle31/integrity

It's a dark, grimy instrumental and ideally I would like to get a couple of rappers/MC's to bar over the top of it. Please let me know what you think, as ever all feedback is appreciated! (even better - if you know of or are friends with any rappers put us in touch if you think they would be interested!)

beagle
This is some good stuff.
Love the dog bark. Maybe make it echo, in some parts of the track.
But overall, good stuff.
I do like this one.

Usually the style of music on here is out of my zone to comment on with any authority or validity, but this i feel like i knew instantly, heres what i got from it straight away, what it felt like,

Immediately like an electronic Reggae style, then instantly it morphed and sounded like classic old skool house sound which then immediately morphed again into old skool jungle with that seriously edgy bassline, and all working perfectly together.

As it played all the component parts, it kept moving how it felt for me from one to the other and back again constantly, excellent stuff.

I think if you put an old skool jungle beat through it would make an excellent jungle track, maybe some Ragga over it instead of Rap.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:36 am

This is some good stuff.
Love the dog bark. Maybe make it echo, in some parts of the track.
But overall, good stuff.
Cheers man! I had a little play with the echo and distortion on the bark, but found if i put too much on it messed with the sub in such a way I didn't like. In the end, I ended up using 2 samples, the one I've used in all of the other tracks, but also one recorded from my dog in all the pics (the first sample i actually created myself and subsequently used!). glad you like it though mate :)
Incorruptable wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:21 am
I do like this one.

Usually the style of music on here is out of my zone to comment on with any authority or validity, but this i feel like i knew instantly, heres what i got from it straight away, what it felt like,

Immediately like an electronic Reggae style, then instantly it morphed and sounded like classic old skool house sound which then immediately morphed again into old skool jungle with that seriously edgy bassline, and all working perfectly together.

As it played all the component parts, it kept moving how it felt for me from one to the other and back again constantly, excellent stuff.

I think if you put an old skool jungle beat through it would make an excellent jungle track, maybe some Ragga over it instead of Rap.
thank you mate!! means a lot, as I know this isn't your usual type of music. I've been pretty quiet on the production front recently due to work etc, however I'll be heading back to Bristol soon to begin a masters degree. I may have to take you up on the suggestion of a jungle VIP, especially seeing as it would be rude not to in Bristol, of all places!!

all love guys n thanks again for your glowing feedback
Incorruptable wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:21 am
I do like this one.

Hey amigo 😃

Yes, that's what I also find from the beginning of listening.
It sounds a little reggae, even dub. And very quickly, we still have the same sound as the first one in the background (it's very flat I think... Just a personal taste...), with a "bass rap" side that takes over.

I also agree enough to choose either between a pure dub sound, or "classic" reggae (with several natural instruments, and a real bass guitar) for example, or otherwise, straightforward bass music or hip-hop. Also, you can mix the two (reggae - hip-hop) if you like this kind of vibe. And if you don't have natural instruments, that's ideal!

So that you can see what I'm talking about, listen to this sound for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsVVErZ ... g&index=16

So, by mixing hip-hop and reggae, you can keep the same kind of rhythm as on your sound (synth...) and add a beat that sounds hip-hop, with at least 1 copper instrument on top, ideally. And that would be TOP! (:

Let us hear it if you try that kind of sound. I am a great lover of reggae hip-hop music, so it will always be a pleasure to listen and tell you if it makes me vibrate!

Keep enjoying yourself. That's the most important thing anyway.
Peace ! 🙏