video project...edit more? or start fresh?

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Zx401YJu9v

also this is a basic excerpt and the first video of 4... in this playlist on youtube.

[Media]https://youtu.be/8--jMpuvQkA[/Media]

yeah Media tag does not work ;(

it is ok
the video at youtube in the link is the two monitor screens I used... and they are layered with one being see true 50%opacity also me at the computer layered in ... it starts i am on the phone with youtube actually and LMMS is in the layer all automated and such.. I change things in setting during different part.. you can see in the video me using the ZynAddSubFX in four instances with some various presets and ... effects and such going on.. ... I am planing to --- take the music made in the video and using the milkdrop screen saver for a video too IDK ... I think making a new work totally would be better..just the same thing with different sounds,,..??

I put a link to this site in the youtube description on the videos is that OK?

Thank you for taking time to look...

Bill Newbold
Your title of thread poses a question, my answer to that question.........it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

My take on things like this is you need to work on something until you are satisfied you have achieved what you were setting out to achieve.

I cannot really tell whether it is good or bad, or right or wrong.

When you present a finished work, it is at that point when someone that has some superior knowledge or understanding of the tools and or medium you are working with can offer guidance on how to tidy something up, sharpen it of offer a technique to improve a style, sound or visual you trying to achieve.

The essence of the work though is yours and must come from you.

There is another user on here called Jon Bain that does work with video, you might chat with him and see if you can be mutually beneficial to each other.

Is that any help?
Incorruptable wrote: Your title of thread poses a question, my answer to that question.........it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

My take on things like this is you need to work on something until you are satisfied you have achieved what you were setting out to achieve.

I cannot really tell whether it is good or bad, or right or wrong.

When you present a finished work, it is at that point when someone that has some superior knowledge or understanding of the tools and or medium you are working with can offer guidance on how to tidy something up, sharpen it of offer a technique to improve a style, sound or visual you trying to achieve.

The essence of the work though is yours and must come from you.

There is another user on here called Jon Bain that does work with video, you might chat with him and see if you can be mutually beneficial to each other.

Is that any help?
Thank you.

this helps because I may have to reconsider purpose form and meaning... but then what is the goal... to entertain or to create new. or --- something more profound at this moment some research is needed but I have a yearning to make ... like 10 new songs, an album.. I have hundreds of groups of songs like that --- but at soundcloud == there is the next goal to have uploaded 6000 songs some of which are nonsense experiments others or important .. too many are important for me ... but that is Me entertaining me... what is that called really... so the soundcloud is here (self promotion)

https://soundcloud.com/h92o

right now I am so close but to what? saturation of sound walls? my song count is 5991 songs and I have no intent on stopping my ... my uploads or performance works.. or anything.. I don't gig .. not at all, just songs on the net and videos ---
sometimes I make music just to listen to so I don't hear the voices / sounds I always hear noone else does.
I have like 300 more 90 minute tapes to digitize from my stored tapes I made before I was uploading things.. so the 10 songs would be just digitizing the old tapes from the 2000-2010 period of work ... when I could not spend time uploading songs but just recording my performances.. ..I have a tape player to use into the computer and such ..

I think back to the video works Process two parts 1-7 since the music is out there and I have used the... mix from the video in a new video here

https://youtu.be/DcDichrrEus

so I guess I did work with the songs and sounds made in the video for the new video... and now to start new... maybe connect the midi-thru connections and perform with that on actual keyboards I have, rather then just totally the LMMS program but this program is great!! I was trying to use the free cakewalk thing that they just cut the price to zero but the stumbling blocks are that it goes to buy this effect to do that ... so it is not really free. just limited freedom ...

Thanks again incorruptable .. it is a new perspective or a fresh look and my purpose , form . and meaning of what I do..
I just listened to the first two, in the playlist.
The ones called LMMS performance excerpt and starting the LMMS performance I think
I must say, wow! That is some really, mind whirling, psychedelic sounding music.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 am
The ones called LMMS performance excerpt and starting the LMMS performance I think
I must say, wow! That is some really, mind whirling, psychedelic sounding music.
thanks I had fun making the sounds too.. :) thanks for listening.
m8w wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:12 am
brandystarbrite wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 am
thanks I had fun making the sounds too.. :) thanks for listening.
No probs.