A most advenced one made with...(Flying)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi fellows,

Here's a new track as always made on Linux with OpenSource Apps.

https://soundcloud.com/user-301824472/flying-dub

This time I tryed to focus not only on the creation but also on the sound.

Track made with Lmms (drum samples and built-in synth) then mixed on Ardour 5.

Please, have seat here and listen then let me know what do you think about, you're welcome!

So don't be shy, I would like to get critiscism about this track.

Merci et à bientôt !
Sahaathyva wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:22 pm
Hi fellows,

Here's a new track as always made on Linux with OpenSource Apps.

https://soundcloud.com/user-301824472/flying-dub

This time I tryed to focus not only on the creation but also on the sound.

Track made with Lmms (drum samples and built-in synth) then mixed on Ardour 5.

Please, have seat here and listen then let me know what do you think about, you're welcome!

So don't be shy, I would like to get critiscism about this track.

Merci et à bientôt !
I'm digging the music.

Tip: A few more melody variations, would do this track justice. 8-)
Thank you for the feedback Brandy.

I think you must be the only one who listened to it despite th number of views for the track :)

I think about recording some melodica on it to make it more alive, or maybe some scratching.

What do you think about?

@other ones, I need feedback
Sahaathyva wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:06 am
I think about recording some melodica on it to make it more alive, or maybe some scratching.

What do you think about?
The tune you have on soundcloud, sounds good as it is.
But if you want, yeah, make a second version with melodica, and some scratching in it etc.

Sahaathyva wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:06 am
@other ones, I need feedback
I'll check out the other tracks, as soon as I have some time.
Thank you Brandy.

I think you already gave feedbacks to my contributions , that much helped me like synchronize fx like delay ;).

You re the one that helps on feedback, thanks.

That said I talked to other viewers, as the more feedbavk we get the more efficient we become.
Great sound. I love the use of stereo echo.
I've been thinking of using ardour to mix my lmms tracks and add in some external synth inputs which lmms doesn't seem to support. I guess you exported the individual lmms tracks to sound files and then loaded them into ardour? Do you prefer ardour for mixing? Just curious why!
Janika
Hey man,

You know I'm a bit old school about dub, but the old fashioned chorus/verse structure has at least one benefit: it brings variations in the bass melody and in the chords.

For the rest:
- nice in and outro
- the sound of the hihat is soooo sharp, but the pattern is a bit too simple (listen to Carlton Barrett's work on the hihat, in the Heathen for example, but also in most of the other tunes of the Wailers)
- the bass line is efficient and groovy, but it lacks variations (maybe is this part of the psy dub style...)
- the sync of the delay is fine
- there are some nice breaks
Thank you all and sorry for late reply !

@janika :
That's it, I exported the whole project on multitrack waves then went to ardour to work the audioside.
I just wanted to give ardour a try at mixing, and yeah now that I've done it , I think I'll always.
I think ardour is way more better in audio analysis and audioprocessing(sidechain is very simple in it), non destructive and it acts like a physical mixer, that workflow I like the much.

The Lmms mixer is great and versatile, but much more for a basic routing of tracks and Fx in project, but when it comes to get a finer mix, ardour is the boy.

That said the sound of exported file was primally mixed in lmms before export, so the sound was nearby the same, I worked the most on dynamics side chain compression, and fine Eqing ....

@Mo Stichi :
Thank you, hope you noticed I listened to your advice on fx sync and outro ;)

The hats is a bit complex part for me and I can't pretend get groovy hats like Barett , nor drum part at all, it's just electronic drums and I take it for what it is , maybe with some entertainement, I now tend to make triplets variations on the hat to make it groove, myabe my future dub sound will be some one-dropish ;)

For the bass, you got it, as for the sound structuring, it's all about get deep into the sound with slightly small variations in the sound design, sound fx.

How about melodica on it, what do you think?
Hey man,
Sahaathyva wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:20 am
How about melodica on it, what do you think?
As an absolute fan of Augustus Pablo, the idea sounds good to me.
Sahaathyva wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:03 am
Thank you Brandy.

I think you already gave feedbacks to my contributions , that much helped me like synchronize fx like delay ;).

You re the one that helps on feedback, thanks.

That said I talked to other viewers, as the more feedbavk we get the more efficient we become.
Cool!