Concrete Dub

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi boyz and galz,

A new dub tune : https://soundcloud.com/user-121938440/concrete-dub

Hope you will enjoy it...
Mo Stitchi wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:59 pm
Hi boyz and galz,

A new dub tune : https://soundcloud.com/user-121938440/concrete-dub

Hope you will enjoy it...
Sick! Lovin' that bass alot.
Hey fellow dub lover !

As usual, nice bass, nice drums, you use the FX with the old dub style, like it !

And as usual, I think you may try to change your skanking sound, it's too synthetic to my hear VS your bass/drum part.
Why don't give a piano vst a try?

à bientôt !
Sahaathyva wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:26 am
And as usual, I think you may try to change your skanking sound, it's too synthetic to my hear VS your bass/drum part.
Why don't give a piano vst a try?
I am not a fan of keyboards all along the tune.

Recreating the sound of guitar chords is not that easy, and I don't want to spend too much time on that issue since I don't have much free time I can devote to music.

I rather focus on composition and dub FX, waiting for my friend the guitar player to come home and record the guitar parts with real instruments.
Great original sound my friend. Well done ! (:

Afterwards, as with everything, everyone has their own preferences... Personally, it lacks life for me. The guitar side is super original compared to what I've heard in the dub so far, but it lacks groove. The vibrating side, you know what I mean (;

And for me too, it sounds a bit too synthetic and flat. Maybe add some surrounding sounds that bring a contrast, and a groove + skank a bit more.

It's up to you. The most important thing is to take pleasure, as always.
PEACE ! (: <3
ALVDCN04 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:00 pm
Personally, it lacks life for me.
No miracle here, the tune was made with a machine :(
ALVDCN04 wrote:
The guitar side is super original compared to what I've heard in the dub so far, but it lacks groove. The vibrating side, you know what I mean (;
The guitars really are the hardest part for me, I'm not happy with the way they sound, I tried several settings, with no luck.

I start from a "palm mutted guitar" SF2 file, and I add some FX (amplifier, EQ, hard gate). Any advice about how to produce a better guitar chord sound will be much appréciated :)
Mo Stitchi wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:42 pm
ALVDCN04 wrote:
Personally, it lacks life for me.
No miracle here, the tune was made with a machine :(
ALVDCN04 wrote:
The guitar side is super original compared to what I've heard in the dub so far, but it lacks groove. The vibrating side, you know what I mean (;
The guitars really are the hardest part for me, I'm not happy with the way they sound, I tried several settings, with no luck.

I start from a "palm mutted guitar" SF2 file, and I add some FX (amplifier, EQ, hard gate). Any advice about how to produce a better guitar chord sound will be much appréciated :)
Yes, it's the way they sound (the guitars) that is "special". With a bit more power and resonance (like a real guitar actually... ^^), it would be really GOOD ! I'd love to help you my friend but I'm not at all experienced on guitars with a machine.
Maybe make a special post to ask for help on this subject ? (;

Anyway, I'm sure you can improve this and really bring this sound to life ! Let us listen to it when it will be improved if you do it.

PEACE ! (: <3