EDM - Life is a car Race

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
This track was made entirely with the resources from LMMS, no extra plugins.
Not that I don't use other VST's, (even if I really enjoy some of them), but sometimes we must really keep our focus to what's most important: Create.

I feel that I'm on the verge of getting to the quality I wanted to achieve since I've started taking more seriously my production quality.
Still have a lot to learn about mastering and mixing,

Let me know what you think about it.

Soundcloud: Life is a car Race
This track as been receiving really good feedback from my personal contacts and even on SoundCloud is getting picked from the station algorithm s, which almost never happened before to me.

I've listened to it repeatedly, and all the time I find something I would like to add or change.
But I really enjoy the base sounds I've made here. And I will probably use this setup as a template for future sounds, with a few extra improvements.
Hey man ! (:

This is not usually my favourite style of music, but I really like to listen this kind of fresh sound from time to time.
Great discovery ! Thanks a lot to you and long live to your music ! Keep on enjoying yourself. PEACE ! (: <3
ALVDCN04 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:44 pm
Hey man ! (:

This is not usually my favourite style of music, but I really like to listen this kind of fresh sound from time to time.
Great discovery ! Thanks a lot to you and long live to your music ! Keep on enjoying yourself. PEACE ! (: <3
Thanks for the feedback.
Despite a lot of my tracks always float around EDM (ish) styles, I also have a lot of tracks with no clear genre, because I made them without any reference, like the one I called "Who Lost The Instruments" or "relax". Take a sneak peek around my tracks, and you will find cool and diverse genres. Obviously most of my older tracks have worse audio quality because this was my learning process.
Canilho wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:22 am
Let me know what you think about it.

Soundcloud: Life is a car Race
This sounds really cool. It kinda sounds like a synthwave tune too. Sick! 8-)
Thank you brandystarbrite.
Yeah, I feel like whatever type of music I try to do, I always turn it to some sort of Synthwave, because I really enjoy synths.
And you wouldn't believe the original sounds that are behind these non-synrhs that I've kind of created for this track xD.
Canilho wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:33 am
ALVDCN04 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:44 pm
Hey man ! (:

Thanks for the feedback.
Despite a lot of my tracks always float around EDM (ish) styles, I also have a lot of tracks with no clear genre, because I made them without any reference, like the one I called "Who Lost The Instruments" or "relax". Take a sneak peek around my tracks, and you will find cool and diverse genres. Obviously most of my older tracks have worse audio quality because this was my learning process.

Yeah, it's all about quality, my friend. Good for you. It's the progression (:

Thanks for the info on gender-neutral sounds.
That must be cool. I'll probably check it out later. Peace !
Canilho wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:37 pm
Thank you brandystarbrite.
Yeah, I feel like whatever type of music I try to do, I always turn it to some sort of Synthwave, because I really enjoy synths.
Cool!

Canilho wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:37 pm
And you wouldn't believe the original sounds that are behind these non-synrhs that I've kind of created for this track xD.
Now that has caught my interest. :geek:
For the main synth I grabbed the sound of some wind instruments, (can't remember now if it was trumpet or sax ), lowered the volume to close to 8% and made layers with it for smooth chords.

Other synths are made with vocoder sounds, same technique, really low volume, and also layered.

The pad, was an happy coincidence of cross channels, where I've set the Eq for the second bass, with highs and lows cut, which created a very punchy sound.

For everything to feel and sound better I made a side-chain to impact all synths.

I'm thinking on starting creating videos to show what I've been learning so far and with it also push myself to learn more and make better audio.
Nice track! Good quality. I hope I can achieve something like that :)

I've been into music for a long time, but I'm pretty new with LMMS and computer-based composing in general. I did have a taste of MOD trackers in the early nineties, but didn't do much with them. Now it's another era and well, I'm learning again.