First Project - First Time for Everything

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
ALVDCN04 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:47 pm
Hi (:
OKay, wonderful !

I'm going to follow you more closely then, it speaks to me a lot, the song side, etc. Where's the best place to follow you ?
I'm already following you on soundcloud or youtube it seems (1 of the 2, I don't remember exactly).

Thanks a lot. It's on a very good way, everything's fine (;
The youtube channel is about music, of course ^^
Hip-hop music (rap, beat, etc...) and reggae (roots, dancehall, rub a dub...) mainly (the channel is dedicated above all to hip-hop and reggae enthusiasts). And a particularity with the 432 hertz frequency (that's mostly why your sound spoke to me right away, because there's a soothing, calm and quite natural "432" side to it...). Soon, there will be the radio with the same name as the youtube channel (A la vibe de chez nous (the name), normally for 2020. So we'll be able to share your sounds if you want.

We'll keep in touch, yes. With joy (:

Take care and see you soon.
PEACE ! (: <3
Just started with this and Youtube, these two are going to be my main music venues, let me give you YT link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h24znAbUPj0 You left a nice comment on SoundCloud

As for the songs, at some point when I get it all done properly, I intend to go looking for singers and-or bands, since I'm not interested in being a performer myself. I just love making music.

There is a lot of work in front of you for the things you plan to do. I wish you the most success and everything to work smoothly chez Vous :smile: Let us know so we can follow
We will keep in touch
PEACE ! (: <3
Okay, great. Thanks for the link.

Yeah, I totally get it. And we are in the same state of mind I think (first the heart...).
Otherwise your music wouldn't have spoken to me, you know.

Yes, there is action every day to carry out the projects. It takes shape gradually. Each day a new step. A new step.
And it's wonderful like that (:

OK. I'll know where to contact you when the day comes (;
Thank you for all your good energy. See you soon.
hip-hop reggae
Definitely something for the first one.
It's amazing when we create something on our own isn't it ? :D
If you are interested, I'll leave you a few tips for you to follow to improve your music quality "faster".

#1 Learn how volumes influence the overall sound.
#2 EQ (Equalizer) will be your best friend in creating better audio.
#3 Apply effects. ( Reverb, Echo, LFO, Sidechain, Compressor, etc..)
#4 Learn how to create automations. Start with volume, panning and then realize this works with every other nob, anywhere.
#5 Use the effects channels to merge your instrument tracks into one place and apply your effects there.

#6 Keep creating. No one borns with talent, you will get better as you go.

Good luck,
Canilho wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:19 pm
Definitely something for the first one.
It's amazing when we create something on our own isn't it ? :D
If you are interested, I'll leave you a few tips for you to follow to improve your music quality "faster".

#1 Learn how volumes influence the overall sound.
#2 EQ (Equalizer) will be your best friend in creating better audio.
#3 Apply effects. ( Reverb, Echo, LFO, Sidechain, Compressor, etc..)
#4 Learn how to create automations. Start with volume, panning and then realize this works with every other nob, anywhere.
#5 Use the effects channels to merge your instrument tracks into one place and apply your effects there.

#6 Keep creating. No one borns with talent, you will get better as you go.

Good luck,
Hi, Canilho
Thank you very much for suggestions. I will pay attention to it. I must admit that I haven't even touched automations and effects channels in LMMS. Just listened smth about them in youtube tutorial. Used and tried some effects in Audacity but still on tutorials there too. Really love both LMMS and Audacity, such great pieces of software. I am having a blast with this.

Do you and others ever create in LMMS or whatever DAW you are using from scratch. Asking cause I noticed all my six pcs were guitar and me first. When I tried to create smth from start in LMMS, I was unable to. I mean I have a couple of utter failing and uninspiring rows of chords that go nowhere. And it's not the software's fault, it's all me. On the other hand, it's so easy to create and add once I have a backbone in a simple melody that I sing with a few guitar chords.
Thanks again
DJ UltraBuba wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:53 pm
Hi, Canilho
Thank you very much for suggestions. I will pay attention to it. I must admit that I haven't even touched automations and effects channels in LMMS. Just listened smth about them in youtube tutorial. Used and tried some effects in Audacity but still on tutorials there too. Really love both LMMS and Audacity, such great pieces of software. I am having a blast with this.
I've used Audacity even before I started with music production. I've started to use it to remove noise from raw spoken audio. Sometimes I make Fade In's and Fade out's for my tracks, add some extra compression, after exporting from LMMS, and for my last tracks, also created a lot of samples from voice, that I later imported to LMMS. So this is a great thing to know the basics.

Youtube is a good source of knowledge if you know what you are looking for. Don't get lost tho, :D find what you want to learn, and try it. Save the tutorial videos you like in a playlist in case you want to check them back.
DJ UltraBuba wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:53 pm
Do you and others ever create in LMMS or whatever DAW you are using from scratch.
Asking cause I noticed all my six pcs were guitar and me first.
I play piano (Synth) and guitar. For the synth, I've used a Midi-USB interface to connect to LMMS.
Some of my first tracks were done with it, it's way more easy and faster to record the keys in the piano-roll and then just fix them, than writing everything from scratch.
Since I travel a lot and can't carry it around, I got a smaller Midi synth that basically can do little more than the PC keyboard. Currently, I use more the PC's keyboard and mouse than anything else. With time, you might get use to it.

If for you it's easier to start with the guitar, record it and use it as a reference for your track.
That works both for rhythm and notes.
Do whatever works best for you, but have fun doing it.

Cheers
Yes, I find tutorial one to be the best for beginners https://youtu.be/TrMTlpeSw8Y but will have to go on with other ones very soon.
I'm in the process of choosing midi synth. With have some rudimentary music theory knowledge, I hope that me being generally good with the keyboard will speed up the learning process here.
I really appreciate the time we are living in. Everything is at our fingertips. Both figuratively and literally, lol.
Thanks a bunch for your time and advice. And also
I like your Musicbox

https://soundcloud.com/canilho/music-box

Cheers