Rising Dub

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello!

First dub of the year : https://soundcloud.com/user-121938440/rising-dub

I spent much time on the skank guitar and the pluck guitar sounds. I hope that it was worth the time and that you will enjoy the track.
Ahh ! The whole thing is much better, man ! (:

The guitar is much better, the bass also, and the whole sound is more catchy/coherent than last time, you know...
Awesome ! Good job man. It feels good.

The sound mixes a very "reggae roots" and "dub" sound in the background I think. It's pretty cool.

+1 subscriber on soundcloud (;
I'm going to follow this a little bit more closely now. PEACE ! (: <3
reggae rap
Mo Stitchi wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:29 pm
Hello!

First dub of the year : https://soundcloud.com/user-121938440/rising-dub

I spent much time on the skank guitar and the pluck guitar sounds. I hope that it was worth the time and that you will enjoy the track.
I like the intro in this track. The way this tune started off was sick! O.O
Good music and good bass. And a Happy New Year, to you and your music. :)
Hi guys,

Thanks for your kind comments!
Hi man.
I love some reggae and you clearly have a thing for it, by the number of songs you do on that style.

Most of the elements are great, you fill them nicely, all but one thing, your bass.
That sound really sticks on my brain and it's not in a good way.

I think it has too much low frequency, making it go out of tune, which also damages the perception of the whole song.
Please consider to apply some low-frequency filter to it, so it becomes more punchy and more rhythmic, and less noisy.

Another thing that could make your tracks stand out is to add ambient noise. nothing too aggressive, just a little sound in the background of waves, birds, etc, that stands a little bit out on quieter moments giving more deepness to the songs.

Kind regards
good relaxed vibe, I love it

Regards from Berlin
Boy Meets Door
Hello Canliho!
Canilho wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:35 pm
Most of the elements are great, you fill them nicely, all but one thing, your bass.
That sound really sticks on my brain and it's not in a good way.

I think it has too much low frequency, making it go out of tune, which also damages the perception of the whole song.
Please consider to apply some low-frequency filter to it, so it becomes more punchy and more rhythmic, and less noisy.

Another thing that could make your tracks stand out is to add ambient noise. nothing too aggressive, just a little sound in the background of waves, birds, etc, that stands a little bit out on quieter moments giving more deepness to the songs.
I'm rather happy with the bass sound of my last tracks. I grew with the reggae records that my friends of Rasta Connection (not the current Rasta Connection, but the one of the 70's) brought back from Kingston, and I love the deep bass sound they have, specially when played on some old analog amplifier from the same time.

Could obviously be better, a real bass player with some Gibson EB-1 violin bass should do the trick, but I don't know of any...

About ambient noise: why not? This can indeed add something to a song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhDEC78tuBs