New LMMS Track (and 2nd for 2020): Glow From The Aftergloom

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi again! I'm back! I finally completed the #lmms final track to round out my 2nd EP.

It's called "Glow From The Aftergloom". Of course, the tone's both dark and gloomy, but it does have its bright spots.

As for the new EP title, it'll be called "Brace The Day" after yesterday's posted track.

Do enjoy...and rock on!

Glow From The Aftergloom (via, SoundCloud)
Hey man,

Nice tune!

I would gladly know how you got this lead guitar sound. What about a tutorial?
Hey thanks, Mo Stitchi...

What I did was I used the native 5th Electric Guitar VST from the Collection sub-folder of the ZynAddSubFX library. Then, I used a TAP Chorus/Flanger (also built-in) effect but kept the controls as they are. Finally, with the piano keys, I played within the C3 to C6 octave area. To begin the riff, I humanized the VST by starting with a blip on the first note. This was possible by changing the note from 1/16th to 1/64th to make it realistic, and then after that, I reverted to 1/16th to draw the other notes.

On the whole, the lead guitar riff sounds futuristic and space-driven for a VST...even with a bit of chorus added. I hope that explained it. It feels like something you would enjoy on a rainy Friday night at home... ;)
emanthehouseboy wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:10 pm
Hi again! I'm back! I finally completed the #lmms final track to round out my 2nd EP.

It's called "Glow From The Aftergloom". Of course, the tone's both dark and gloomy, but it does have its bright spots.

As for the new EP title, it'll be called "Brace The Day" after yesterday's posted track.

Do enjoy...and rock on!

Glow From The Aftergloom (via, SoundCloud)
I like the intro. But that rock guitar melody is sick dude! 8-)
Yeah!! 8-)