Return of the Chosen - Orchestral

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I finally managed to get another new piece together. I've been remastering older songs for a while because I got stuck... But I'm super excited because I feel this is my best work to date!

https://soundcloud.com/nathaniel-dk-gar ... the-chosen
Blocky wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:29 am
I finally managed to get another new piece together. I've been remastering older songs for a while because I got stuck... But I'm super excited because I feel this is my best work to date!

https://soundcloud.com/nathaniel-dk-gar ... the-chosen
Wooah! This sounds epic! :D
And I like the piano outro too.

Suggestions:

Maybe putting a low volume bass pad sound in the background, or some semi long bass notes, might help make this track sound a bit fuller and complete.

I think the piano used at 2:57 secs, needs to sound a bit brighter. Maybe adding an equalizer effect to it, might help there.
Good work.
The whole song is really good.

Let me give you another tip, even if you already know it. This is often underrated but it's one of the keys of orchestral production:
All wind instruments have limited "playtime" because their performers need to take breathing intervals. They can't hold the notes forever, like a violin for instance.

I can't be sure that this happens or not in the last part, I feel like there are wind instruments with very long notes.
To be sure, you can just make a breathing exercise on that last part to check if you have enough breath intervals while you pretend that you are playing the trumpet on that section, (or any other wind instrument you might have put there).
If not, you might have to split the wind notes into breathing cycles.

Cool piece, keep it up.
Thanks guys!

Maybe putting a low volume bass pad sound in the background, or some semi long bass notes, might help make this track sound a bit fuller and complete.
Interesting about the bass pad, because I have a double bass playing pretty consistently throughout the song. Although they aren't long notes. I kept the long notes on the viola because I found that too much on the low end was drowning out the rest of it.

I think the piano used at 2:57 secs, needs to sound a bit brighter. Maybe adding an equalizer effect to it, might help there.
I'll give that a shot and see how it sounds. The piano sample in question is actually stylistically soft, it gives it a more melancholic sound which I am personally in love with. But its definitely worth trying alternatives.

Let me give you another tip, even if you already know it. This is often underrated but it's one of the keys of orchestral production:
All wind instruments have limited "playtime" because their performers need to take breathing intervals. They can't hold the notes forever, like a violin for instance.

I can't be sure that this happens or not in the last part, I feel like there are wind instruments with very long notes.
To be sure, you can just make a breathing exercise on that last part to check if you have enough breath intervals while you pretend that you are playing the trumpet on that section, (or any other wind instrument you might have put there).
If not, you might have to split the wind notes into breathing cycles.

The sample library I use actually doesn't let me do long wind notes. If I draw a note out too long, it automatically reaches a limit at some point, often on beat. Nonetheless, this is a good point. Humanizing is hard to do, lol... :p