Second Project

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Uploaded on Sound Cloud, and it has better sound than the first one.
https://soundcloud.com/dj-ultrabuba/no-mercy

Now the problem: when I make a video in Kapwind in order to upload it to YouTube, it messes up my drums quite audibly. They sound different, not what I wanted. Any recommendations, or just an answer - what do you use to make videos for your projects.
Thank you
DJ UltraBuba wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:26 pm
Uploaded on Sound Cloud, and it has better sound than the first one.
https://soundcloud.com/dj-ultrabuba/no-mercy

Now the problem: when I make a video in Kapwind in order to upload it to YouTube, it messes up my drums quite audibly. They sound different, not what I wanted. Any recommendations, or just an answer - what do you use to make videos for your projects.
Thank you
Hey! This is a nice sounding track. :D

Tips:
a) I noticed that some of the notes in this tune, should last a bit longer. Like for example, the deep flute type synth sound, heard from 10 secs. Make each note in that flute melody, last a tiny bit longer.

b) 1:07 to 1:09 The fancy drum and hihat beat combination, sounds really nice. But the only tiny problem with it, is that it stands out a bit too much, when it gets a bit louder, than the other sounds in the track. Some volume balancing might help there.

c) You might have to do some volume balancing, on some of the sounds and melodies in your track, which can be tough sometimes, but not all that bad once you get the hang of it. :)

But overall, your track sounds really nice, and all of the melodies are in tune with each other. So nice work there.

Okay: Concerning the uploading to youtube audio problem, I've heard quite a few people for the past few months, who have admitted experiencing that same sound problem, when uploading vids with audio onto youtube. It's possible, it might be a youtube problem, and not your video editing software.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:10 am

Hey! This is a nice sounding track. :D

Tips:
a) I noticed that some of the notes in this tune, should last a bit longer. Like for example, the deep flute type synth sound, heard from 10 secs. Make each note in that flute melody, last a tiny bit longer.

b) 1:07 to 1:09 The fancy drum and hihat beat combination, sounds really nice. But the only tiny problem with it, is that it stands out a bit too much, when it gets a bit louder, than the other sounds in the track. Some volume balancing might help there.

c) You might have to do some volume balancing, on some of the sounds and melodies in your track, which can be tough sometimes, but not all that bad once you get the hang of it. :)

But overall, your track sounds really nice, and all of the melodies are in tune with each other. So nice work there.

Okay: Concerning the uploading to youtube audio problem, I've heard quite a few people for the past few months, who have admitted experiencing that same sound problem, when uploading vids with audio onto youtube. It's possible, it might be a youtube problem, and not your video editing software.
Brandy,
First, thank you so much for putting your time and knowledge into this answer. I'm glad you like it. This is actually an instrumental version of what will be my first pop song. I will upload it here. Will be singing soon, God help us all xD

Now, to your suggestions
a - It seems I grew too attached to this sound, lol, it appears in several places in the entire song. I can't say goodbye to it, it just sounds too good to me. At least for now. But thank you for the observation and tips, nevertheless. I truly appreciate the feedback and am happy when I get it.

b - You are so spot on with this one. I'm still figuring out all this drum thing and was probably too impressed with what I discovered in the drums folder, and just wanted to let it shine, LOL, despite the fact it really gets a bit too loud. Pretty sure I'll get better at that from now on.

c - It bears repeating: Lmms is such a great thing, I'm working on some of these sound options.

I would agree re Youtube. I get much better sound on soundcloud, although doing nothing different.

Cheers