New SNES Music: Ewell The Owl Character/Boss Theme.

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Ewell The Owl is a character/boss theme made with the Megaman X1 and X2 Soundfont. The melody from 0:20 to 0:48 is based off an older track I made before posting my stuff on Soundcloud, which I decided to reuse here. In terms of progression, Ewell The Owl starts with an 8 bit section, then transitions into heavy metal later on, which was partly inspired by the Earthbound track "Pokey Means Business".

https://soundcloud.com/some-square-4056 ... wl-theme-4

I also made an NES track called "Pixel Perfect" while making Ewell The Owl. If you have time, I recommend you check that one out as well. (Feedback is much appreciated as always). 8-)
Twisty Hat wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:11 pm
Ewell The Owl is a character/boss theme made with the Megaman X1 and X2 Soundfont. The melody from 0:20 to 0:48 is based off an older track I made before posting my stuff on Soundcloud, which I decided to reuse here. In terms of progression, Ewell The Owl starts with an 8 bit section, then transitions into heavy metal later on, which was partly inspired by the Earthbound track "Pokey Means Business".

https://soundcloud.com/chris-owens-2397 ... wl-theme-4

I also made an NES track called "Pixel Perfect" while making Ewell The Owl. If you have time, I recommend you check that one out as well. (Feedback is much appreciated as always). 8-)
The drop that leads to the rock part from 50 secs, where it changes into a rock style beat is really cool. That was a really cool idea for this tune. Nice.
Thanks for the feedback brandy starbrite! Personally, I thought that the drop leading to the Rock Guitar part could’ve been a bit longer, and the electric piano section after it could’ve been slower, but I still really liked how it turned out. Glad to know you enjoyed it!
Twisty Hat wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:37 pm
Personally, I thought that the drop leading to the Rock Guitar part could’ve been a bit longer, and the electric piano section after it could’ve been slower....
Aye, good point. I myself noticed that as well. That might have worked well too.