I'm new to beat making, what do you think of this?

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Do I hear that Roland 169 Aaaah!? I wouldn't mention it if it wasn't such a famous sound that I adore! That alone is wonderful, but from someone who is also relatively new to making beats I gotta say I am impressed. Wish I could give you some advice but it seems like you're already ahead of me in the process but I wanted to atleast give you some supportive words and hope that you keep up the good work. The subtle transitions are seamless. It keeps the sound constant without getting stale. A big problem i've noticed in my process is I want to make jarring transitions, but this is dynamic enough without risking your sound. Catchy stuff.
KANEofUNG wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:51 pm
Do I hear that Roland 169 Aaaah!? I wouldn't mention it if it wasn't such a famous sound that I adore! That alone is wonderful, but from someone who is also relatively new to making beats I gotta say I am impressed. Wish I could give you some advice but it seems like you're already ahead of me in the process but I wanted to atleast give you some supportive words and hope that you keep up the good work. The subtle transitions are seamless. It keeps the sound constant without getting stale. A big problem i've noticed in my process is I want to make jarring transitions, but this is dynamic enough without risking your sound. Catchy stuff.
Thanks bro!!! Yeah I love that 'Aaahh' too so much haha, I actually got it from a zaytoven pack. Really appreciate what you're saying! Yeah, at first I thought it was going to be a little bit too repetitive, but what I found that helps is replacing every eight bars a kick pattern instead of 808s and every other eight bars a little tweak to the melody (in my case halftiming one instrument) - every four bars is a little bit different this way - which makes the transition smooth, dynamic but not losing sound. Hope it helps a bit. Saw you also posted a song, gonna watch it now!
wil beats wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:23 pm
augusts99 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:08 pm
wil beats wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:16 pm
I think your beat did a little bit of equalizing the sounds so you can hear the kick hi hat and clap well

pass me your facebook or saunclaud.
Ah yeah, I did that for a bit but not fully, thats a really good tip tho. Unfortunately I have no facebook or soundcloud :(
So where can you communicate more easily?
At the moment just on Youtube or here on LMMS haha. But if you're really interested in something I can give you my email.
augusts99 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:46 pm
wil beats wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:23 pm
augusts99 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:08 pm

Ah yeah, I did that for a bit but not fully, thats a really good tip tho. Unfortunately I have no facebook or soundcloud :(
So where can you communicate more easily?
At the moment just on Youtube or here on LMMS haha. But if you're really interested in something I can give you my email.
yes my email is tronlakcell@gmail.com let's grow together
Hi!

Nice tune man!

The keyboard sound reminds me some tracks of Genesis "Wind and Wuthering" album (could be worse...)
Mo Stitchi wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:44 pm
Hi!

Nice tune man!

The keyboard sound reminds me some tracks of Genesis "Wind and Wuthering" album (could be worse...)
Haha, thanks dude. I am listening right now to that album (didn't know about it to be honest), it sounds really cool! And it does have something of it indeed haha (the lead you mean I think). I'll take that as a compliment :) :)