[CHLX] - Chill type trap beat (Advices noted!)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hey, just came up with this track after some time.. been busy lately.
I took note of the suggestions I got on a couple of tracks, played with the EQ and compression. I see there's a lot to learn in production!!
Leave your feedback, much appreciated :)
Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/aditya-banerjee- ... -trap-beat
smolkat wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:56 pm

played with the EQ and compression. I see there's a lot to learn in production!!
I know right! Been doing this for so much time and I'm still discovering new things every time I create :D
Regarding quality itself, your beat sounds pretty good, it's not epic or super catchy, but it's well produced. Good job!

If you want to go to the next level, try to add more ear candy in it. Break the beat patterns, try to add something that takes people out of their comfort zone. People will love it or hate it, but no one will ignore it!

Personally I don't like how you increased abruptly the volume in the beginning halfway before the sub-bass, on the first 12 seconds. The ending volume was perfect, you could use that as reference for the start.
Regarding the filter effects I have nothing else to add, they are well done.

Consider also adding some panning on some sounds, so that everything doesn't sound so centered.
Dude. This is a really chill, cool sounding beat. Nice work.
Canilho wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:57 pm
smolkat wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:56 pm

played with the EQ and compression. I see there's a lot to learn in production!!
I know right! Been doing this for so much time and I'm still discovering new things every time I create :D
Regarding quality itself, your beat sounds pretty good, it's not epic or super catchy, but it's well produced. Good job!

If you want to go to the next level, try to add more ear candy in it. Break the beat patterns, try to add something that takes people out of their comfort zone. People will love it or hate it, but no one will ignore it!

Personally I don't like how you increased abruptly the volume in the beginning halfway before the sub-bass, on the first 12 seconds. The ending volume was perfect, you could use that as reference for the start.
Regarding the filter effects I have nothing else to add, they are well done.

Consider also adding some panning on some sounds, so that everything doesn't sound so centered.
Thanks for the feedback man, your suggestion on the panning is pretty neat - I really need to use that, the next track I have coming uses some panning effects. When I try to do something extra (the ear candy) it basically breaks the beat and sounds trash :o working on that as well.

Glad you liked the production! Cheers to learning something new everyday!