New July 4th #Trap Beat--Fading Into The Behemoth Sunset

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Happy #4thOfJuly, Team LMMS!

To celebrate US Independence Day, Enjoy the moment of walking away victorious from chaos with "Fading Into The Behemoth Sunset". It's a little slow-paced, but perfectly appropriate for this time of the year. Have a listen and let me know what you think...

Fading Into The Behemoth Sunset, via SoundCloud

(...on that note, I'm going to take the rest of the summer off to enjoy. I'll be back to record new beats when I get back from vacation...take care, and rock on!) 8-)
Hi
This is a great song but It seems to me you can improve mixing / compression. Do you agree ?
Araca wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:56 pm
Hi
This is a great song but It seems to me you can improve mixing / compression. Do you agree ?
Hi, very true...of course. The 808 I used seemed to overpower the other tracks [hey, it's my 1st attempt at doing a 'trap' beat]. Perhaps a better mixing style could help. Being that I'm a novice at doing music recordings, I just did some simple mixing and didn't really mess with the compression--I'm not proficient with using that effect...yet. I'm taking 'baby steps', as it's a learning experience.

Nevertheless, thanks for the suggestions.
I'm like you, I'm just starting out. I am trying to learn compression etc, ans this IS is not easy. You can go to my souncloud profile to listen to my first tracks and give me your opinion (link in my signature)