Nitti Gritti - All In (Canilho Remix)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
As you might know, if you have been following my profile on Soundcloud, recently I have been producing remixes for contests at Spinnin' Records, made with LMMS.

Due to the success of my first track, with +20k plays, I decided to continue doing this.

For my second contest entry, I decided to pick one of the 5 songs of the All in EP.
This is the result.

Let me know what you think.
You can also enter the contest here. The winner will be picked by Nitti Gritti himself.
Canilho wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:21 pm
As you might know, if you have been following my profile on Soundcloud, recently I have been producing remixes for contests at Spinnin' Records, made with LMMS.

Due to the success of my first track, with +20k plays, I decided to continue doing this.

For my second contest entry, I decided to pick one of the 5 songs of the All in EP.
This is the result.

You can also enter the contest here. The winner will be picked by Nitti Gritti himself.
Hi Canilho,

Very good remix! Good job. I just have one question about the drop. I felt like the lead is cutting especially on the last drop. Maybe the sidechain is too prominent. Is it intentional?

Ps: Good luck for the contest!

Cheers,
RD
Reiodust wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Hi Canilho,

Very good remix! Good job. I just have one question about the drop. I felt like the lead is cutting especially on the last drop. Maybe the sidechain is too prominent. Is it intentional?

Ps: Good luck for the contest!

Cheers,
RD
Thanks you.
Most of the sidechain that is on that lead piece is because of the original stem where it came from.
The original lead track is side-chained with a drum track that I didn't use, In some places, I reduced the sidechain effect of the sample by layering my own synths and bass over it. but in the end, to give another feeling I kept it more simple.

However, with the feedback that I've had so far, I've remastered the track and changed it a little bit.
I've reduced the kick volume to bend it with the rest of the track, made the room drums more powerful in the mix, added my own sidechain to the kick and bass, and more EQ and other tweaks along the track to fix low and high frequencies issues.

The only thing I am still not 100% sure is if I keep the 1:2 beat on the first drop, or if I make it as fast as the other 2. sections.

TBH I'm not aiming for a win in this contest, I will be happy if I stay within the top 20 in the voting pool.
Funny thing is that in all my life I was kind of "against" the remix mentality, and now I've discovered that I actually love doing it, and it's a huge inspiration for making my own tracks. So just be able to make something that I enjoy listening is already a huge mood boost.
Canilho wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:21 pm

This is the result.

Nice remix man,good work
Canilho wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:32 pm

Thanks you.
Most of the sidechain that is on that lead piece is because of the original stem where it came from.
The original lead track is side-chained with a drum track that I didn't use, In some places, I reduced the sidechain effect of the sample by layering my own synths and bass over it. but in the end, to give another feeling I kept it more simple.

However, with the feedback that I've had so far, I've remastered the track and changed it a little bit.
I've reduced the kick volume to bend it with the rest of the track, made the room drums more powerful in the mix, added my own sidechain to the kick and bass, and more EQ and other tweaks along the track to fix low and high frequencies issues.

The only thing I am still not 100% sure is if I keep the 1:2 beat on the first drop, or if I make it as fast as the other 2. sections.

TBH I'm not aiming for a win in this contest, I will be happy if I stay within the top 20 in the voting pool.
Funny thing is that in all my life I was kind of "against" the remix mentality, and now I've discovered that I actually love doing it, and it's a huge inspiration for making my own tracks. So just be able to make something that I enjoy listening is already a huge mood boost.
Ok nice, personally I like the 1:2 beat on the first drop and I also like the 2 other faster drops. Whatever you choose your remix will still be excellent.

Yes true the most important is to participate and enjoy the moment. I'd like to make remixes as well but Im always afraid to massacre the original track... I'll wait to improve before.