Made a new song today (145BPM)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I used only BitInvader and stock drums from the folder "drumsynth" for this song. This is the first song, in which I tried side chaining with the Peak Controller.
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1117025
Newgrounds is blocked in my country, can you upload elsewhere?
Monospace wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:29 am
Newgrounds is blocked in my country, can you upload elsewhere?
Sure! https://voca.ro/1l1NUQE1ZACp
Cool. I like how the bass sounds, that's an interesting approach. The filter modulation and the pitch bending, I mean. (Heh, I should probably get around to making basses that aren't like an acoustic bass instrument with an attack and quick decay and everything.) It's a nice chorus-like effect on the main instrument.
Monospace wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:22 pm
Cool. I like how the bass sounds, that's an interesting approach. The filter modulation and the pitch bending, I mean. (Heh, I should probably get around to making basses that aren't like an acoustic bass instrument with an attack and quick decay and everything.) It's a nice chorus-like effect on the main instrument.
Thank you! I also would like to check out your music. Is there a site where you upload your work?
No, I upload them into drive folders / cloud services, and don't typically share them because they're never "complete" in terms of length or wholeness, OR quality.
And I usually send them to friends, who I'm not worried about infodumping and giving poor quality incomplete work. It is also useful because I revise my songs on whim and re-upload, and this is easier with cloud services than music streaming services.
I have a specific folder(s) for my music exports, but it's full of nonsense and bad music as well, and some of my better projects are scattered throughout.
I can link anyone interested to those folders, with a disclaimer that most of the music will probably be something I'm not proud of, or I can make a list of music I particularly like and link you to it, if you feel any of those are worth it.
However, there is no streaming service made for music where I publicly upload my work for open listening.
Monospace, I believe that you should change your mindset. Of course, it is good to engage in self-criticism from time to time. But don't let self-criticism opress you. You invested lots of effort and time into your music, you can and you should be proud of yourself! Stop framing your work in such a negative way, because it is simply not the truth. It will surprise you, how other people will react to your music. Look at me: I always thought, that my music is shit and I should just keep it for myself. But then I just thought YOLO and I started to upload my stuff to NewGrounds without any expectations. After one year, I got 7 fans and some songs even got faved by other people. I was extremely surprised and I never expected, that there are actually people, who would unironically enjoy my stuff!

Believe in yourself, be proud of your creations! Don't let self-criticism and perfectionism oppress you! :)
Thank you for the kind words, Novava! Appreciate it. I suppose you're right.
I am proud of myself, for what I've done. But alongside that I still feel there's a bit more of the route left to go before I start uploading on platforms. For me, my streaming service standards are a bit different than just "good" and "I enjoyed making".
But I'll keep your words in mind... you DO only live once, I suppose.
Monospace wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:55 am
Thank you for the kind words, Novava! Appreciate it. I suppose you're right.
I am proud of myself, for what I've done. But alongside that I still feel there's a bit more of the route left to go before I start uploading on platforms. For me, my streaming service standards are a bit different than just "good" and "I enjoyed making".
But I'll keep your words in mind... you DO only live once, I suppose.
No problem! I really hope, that we will see your songs here very soon. Like I said, there is no reason to hide them. :)
I'll probably do something about it, you've pretty much convinced me :]
Thanks Novava
Keep an eye out... I might make a placeholder post in the music projects or general section soon with a set of links