"SAUNTER" is my very first published song. Feedback?

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Video game genre music featuring some pulse pads, theremin, analog piano, music box, finger bass and claps. I would like to know if it sounds balanced and well mixed. Totally open to constructive criticism. I'm not confident on my "mastering" or "mixing" skills yet, so I value any tips. Thank you.

https://feralharmony.bandcamp.com/track/saunter
:mrgreen:
That sounded really cool! I really like the melody and minimalist-type feel of the piece. It is simple without being boring or too repetitive. It does sound like it could be used in a video game level, which is awesome. Most of the music I make is very video game inspired as well.

As far as mixing and mastering is concerned, I am no expert. However, through the headphones I was using I could hear all the different instruments clearly. The claps could maybe be a bit louder but overall this is a good piece of music.

P.S. I really like your profile image. That cat is very cute!
karlhuff wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:33 am
:mrgreen:
That sounded really cool! I really like the melody and minimalist-type feel of the piece. It is simple without being boring or too repetitive. It does sound like it could be used in a video game level, which is awesome. Most of the music I make is very video game inspired as well.

As far as mixing and mastering is concerned, I am no expert. However, through the headphones I was using I could hear all the different instruments clearly. The claps could maybe be a bit louder but overall this is a good piece of music.

P.S. I really like your profile image. That cat is very cute!
I'm really grateful for the feedback. I was aiming for somewhat minimalist for this piece. As for the cat - that's my grumpy old man!! Lol, he's actually not too grumpy, but he is old. He's really a dog in a cat suit.
Same as my comments for Wilco. I realize you're going for the video game market but I think your abilities could send you into doing TV and film scores. I really like the arrangement here. Just having a hard time with the video game sound -- I'm totally not into video games! 😁