New track - Heartless

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi everyone,

Long time no see. I just published a new music. Here're the links :

Youtube (for the animated version) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bThK_FxfT-s&t=5s
Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/reiodust/heartless

As usual feel free to give a feedback (or not...).

Cheers !
RD
I like it! The beat was nice and I enjoyed the contrast when it mellowed out for a little while in the middle of the song before returning to the steady dance beat.

I can definitely hear the quality difference between YouTube and Soundcloud, though. When the bass kicks in on YouTube, it was really weak, so I had to compare. Side by side, the whole track sounds kind of flat on YouTube when compared to Soundcloud. That's probably out of your control, but it's interesting to note and something to be aware of.
An amazing track, a great journey with sounds that give hope to the listener. It makes my morning great and makes me smile.
Animations on point once again, you are amazing on them as always!

Cheers!
curiouskitty wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:58 am
I like it! The beat was nice and I enjoyed the contrast when it mellowed out for a little while in the middle of the song before returning to the steady dance beat.

I can definitely hear the quality difference between YouTube and Soundcloud, though. When the bass kicks in on YouTube, it was really weak, so I had to compare. Side by side, the whole track sounds kind of flat on YouTube when compared to Soundcloud. That's probably out of your control, but it's interesting to note and something to be aware of.
Thanks curiouskitty, indeed you pointed it well. There is a big difference between Youtube and Soundcloud. Youtube always compresses too much the sound then it will always sound lower than other platforms. The sound is flatter because the way I mastered the tune is more adapted to Soundcloud. The LUFS level of my track is high compared to Youtube standards. In order to decrease the loudness, Youtube add compression if your LUFS is too high. It probably added more on the bass and that's why it sounds too flat. It's not completely out of control as it would need to make a Youtube mastering, but it's the first time I'm trying to master a track and I'm not enough good at it to understand exactly how it works.

Cheers,
RD
Mastartiq wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:38 am
An amazing track, a great journey with sounds that give hope to the listener. It makes my morning great and makes me smile.
Animations on point once again, you are amazing on them as always!

Cheers!
Thanks Mastartiq, I'm glad it made your day :) .

Cheers,
RD