Moonlight Disgusts You (Moonlight Densetsu vs Disgustipated)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
A little background. I'm a visual artist, I wrote a webcomic about a girl band semi-derived from various anime characters. Each one has a theme song, which I've written the lyrics for. I'm not a music composer, but I'm going to dive right in, and if I get a usable result, that's fantastic; but at the minimum I hope to learn the terminology and theory well enough to be able to fluently communicate with real musicians.

I'm going to attempt to compose the music for "Moonlight Disgusts You - "

- which should be a mash up of "Moonlight Densetsu" and "Disgustipated." If you're wondering how these two songs can possibly connect, they both feature rabbits (Sailor Moon's human name is "Bunny".).

I managed to come up with a tune that I think will work. I can vocalize it to myself (you will not hear me do this), and I've got it implemented (poorly) in LMMS -

Basically I'm trying to make a variation on the opening bars of "Moonlight Densetsu," and then get a clanging percussion sound similar to what "Disgustipated" has around 4:54. I can hear what I want in my head, but realizing it is another matter.
Musical J wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:56 am
A little background. I'm a visual artist, I wrote a webcomic about a girl band semi-derived from various anime characters. Each one has a theme song, which I've written the lyrics for. I'm not a music composer, but I'm going to dive right in, and if I get a usable result, that's fantastic; but at the minimum I hope to learn the terminology and theory well enough to be able to fluently communicate with real musicians.

I'm going to attempt to compose the music for "Moonlight Disgusts You - "

- which should be a mash up of "Moonlight Densetsu" and "Disgustipated." If you're wondering how these two songs can possibly connect, they both feature rabbits (Sailor Moon's human name is "Bunny".).

I managed to come up with a tune that I think will work. I can vocalize it to myself (you will not hear me do this), and I've got it implemented (poorly) in LMMS -

Basically I'm trying to make a variation on the opening bars of "Moonlight Densetsu," and then get a clanging percussion sound similar to what "Disgustipated" has around 4:54. I can hear what I want in my head, but realizing it is another matter.
Good to hear you are a visual artist, writing a webcomic.
So how is your tune going? Did you figure out a way to make it a reality?
Have you thought about making animated videoclip on your music track? I think It can be great because you've got great talent on making such beautiful arts!