Frozen Hills - my latest work

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello, I' d like to show You my latest work.
I hope that You will enjoy it!

https://soundcloud.com/piotr-k-66172331 ... ozen-hills
I think you have some good elements in this song and for the most part the sounds are clean. It's clear that you put effort into the song and that you have skills and/or talent. Overall, it feels like you have this slow, pretty, ambient atmospheric song paired with an upbeat, steady dance rhythm. However, the first quarter of the song sounds out-of-tune to my ears. Like the two main themes are not in the same key. And the rest of the song seems to fall in and out of sync, timing-wise. It feels as if you composed two different songs in two different genres and then glued them together. While that *can* be done with good end results, it helps to make sure that you take time to carefully weave them together so that they sound more intentionally paired.

But, take my critique with a grain of salt. Maybe it was your intention to design it exactly the way it is, and who am I to tell you what to change? Music is art, and art always has it's fans and critics. :)
curiouskitty wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:05 pm
I think you have some good elements in this song and for the most part the sounds are clean. It's clear that you put effort into the song and that you have skills and/or talent. Overall, it feels like you have this slow, pretty, ambient atmospheric song paired with an upbeat, steady dance rhythm. However, the first quarter of the song sounds out-of-tune to my ears. Like the two main themes are not in the same key. And the rest of the song seems to fall in and out of sync, timing-wise. It feels as if you composed two different songs in two different genres and then glued them together. While that *can* be done with good end results, it helps to make sure that you take time to carefully weave them together so that they sound more intentionally paired.

But, take my critique with a grain of salt. Maybe it was your intention to design it exactly the way it is, and who am I to tell you what to change? Music is art, and art always has it's fans and critics. :)
Thank You for sharing your honest opinion! It exactly describes in proper words what I think about this song on my own... The truth is that I did not spent working on this a time required to achieve satisfactory effect for me. This is a song of one day work, while usually It takes to me minimum two days. Honestly, I wold not expect 100% good opinions, because I'd rather to show the sounds that I made in LMMS, not the composition, what is really, also in my opinion something glued from two different pieces ;) I'm not really satisfied of my work. Yes, there is a problem with timing, because some track was played on the preset from ZynAddSubFX factory sets, and I couldn't find the way to change time of delay. But despite this I decided to share my work, because I wanted to show the ambient pads, what was my own preset. By the way, I started to work on LMMS in 2012 and since this time I used to try a lot of different DAWS, that never full satisfied me, so finally after years decided to back to the begining and made something again in old, good LMMS. Supringsly, I discovered new good LADSPA effects and foun realy unique, good sound signal processing existing nowere else in many, free DAWS. I think it's time to stop waste time on many other efects-less programs and make efforts to learn deeper hided functions of really advanced LMMS. Yes, my style is a connection of different genres, but this time I decided to share song. The same think was in my mind when i posted it, that music is an art, so in this case an imperfection can be treated as intended effect. Greetings! I appreciate Your opinion.
Peak-K3y wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:41 pm
Hello,

Hi, Welcome to the Forum Peak-K3y!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480