New Halloween Beat: Inbetween The Skulls

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Happy Halloween, Team LMMS!

I have another beat that I completed. It's the same style as last time (r&b-style metal). It's called, "Inbetween The Skulls". Let me know what you think--and go easy on the goblins!!!

via SoundCloud:Inbetween The Skulls
via YouTube: Inbetween The Skulls
emanthehouseboy wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:33 pm

I have another beat that I completed. It's the same style as last time (r&b-style metal). It's called, "Inbetween The Skulls". Let me know what you think--and go easy on the goblins!!!

Hello emanthehouseboy! It is well done track, but I would make guitars louder. I can't hear them well to really enjoy the sound!
Henrik Stromberg wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:04 am
emanthehouseboy wrote:

Hello emanthehouseboy! It is well done track, but I would make guitars louder. I can't hear them well to really enjoy the sound!
I agree, Henrik; however, since it's a heavier r&b-like metal beat, I had to use a lowpass filter on the bass, rhythm, and lead guitar VSTs just to keep it down-tuned and smooth like lo-fi--as any pure r&b song because I didn't want to mess up the flow with loud, fried-up guitars, It's just experimental--I have to respect the style, though, since it's groove-laden and slower. Feel free to check out my other like-minded track, "The Break In Chain".

Thanks for the criticism, Henrik!
emanthehouseboy wrote:

This one has a really nice smooth grooving beat and style to it. Wow! I like it. Nice. 8-)
Awesome, @BrandyStarBrite! Thanks...it'll be two more beats to wrap up the year--and then I'll be creating two more jingles for my YouTube vlog. Stay tuned...
Aye, okay. Cool!
Wonderful! Love it.