Everything Is A Copy

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
On Bandcamp https://jdc3.bandcamp.com/track/everything-is-a-copy or SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/user-734491388/e ... -is-a-copy

Made with Hammond and Bass VSTs, a little bit of piano, and some audio samples. It had guitar originally but the track had got too busy and the guitar had to go.
FilthyWizard wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:31 pm
On Bandcamp or SoundCloud

Made with Hammond and Bass VSTs, a little bit of piano, and some audio samples. It had guitar originally but the track had got too busy and the guitar had to go.
The track sounds nice. One thing I noticed in your music, is that the vocal clips you use, really go in sync with the music, and that is really good.

I noticed that alot of your tunes, sound a bit similar to each other. Is that deliberate, or is it a stylistic theme of your tracks?
brandystarbrite wrote: The track sounds nice. One thing I noticed in your music, is that the vocal clips you use, really go in sync with the music, and that is really good.

I noticed that alot of your tunes, sound a bit similar to each other. Is that deliberate, or is it a stylistic theme of your tracks?
Thanks Brandy.

I think when I find something that works for me I often use something similar on another track. So there might be similar basslines or Hammond harmonies on different tracks and I definitely use the same chord progressions on some tracks so there might be a few out there with a verse that starts 4-2-3-1 or a chorus that's 1-4-1-5 or 1-5-1-5 (1-5-6-4 is another favourite - I think I read somewhere it's the most common chord progression in modern music).

The other thing I do is use the same instruments a lot - the Hammond is on pretty much everything and recently I've been using the same preset so that sound is all over my music at the moment. I've actually done a few new tracks with totally different instruments (x2 new synth pieces made with LMMS that I just posted on another thread, plus I did some in Musescore using solo piano or an orchestra) so maybe in future there will be a bit more variety in terms of the sounds I use.
Oy! Interesting. That is cool.