Projects + genre ID?

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hey,

I'd love some serious feedback on a couple of songs made in LMMS that I'm hoping to add into a more cohesive album at some point.

Suburbs: https://soundcloud.com/lauren-hope-7/suburbs

Daughters: https://laurenhope.bandcamp.com/track/daughters

Also, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about what genre of music I'm making. I'm really unsure of this. I know it doesn't matter a whole lot since I really just make music for fun, but if anyone thinks they know where my music might fit, I'd love to know!

Thanks,
Lauren :D
Very good! Is it you who sings the vocal?
Genre .. idk ..emotional dark pop ?
Lets call it dark ambient. :P

Great job, and good vocals.
Wow!
Interesting songs. :D

The first one Sounds like something goth pop Estonian singer girl Kerli would sing.
It sounds a bit like goth pop thrown in with late 90's emotional ambient type music.

The daughters song track, sounds like something that Sin head o' Conner would sing in the 80's.
All that it's missing, is the rest of the 80's style instruments.

I guess that nothing compares then. ;)

Both songs are nice.
Make more songs.

Are you the one singing?

PS: What is that strange, rocky structure looking bridge thingy, that you're standing on, in your soundcloud profile pic?
I also see, like a castle thingy, in the background too.
Thanks for the feedback and genre suggestions :D

Yes, it is me who sings on all the tracks.

For brandystarbrite: the castle is St Michael's Mount, off the coast of Cornwall. The "bridge" is a stone road to the castle that is only accessible at low tide, and the picture was taken when it was mostly covered by the sea.
I really like this.
Genre? Who cares, it's good. :D

If there has to be a label...... Avantgarde
Great tracks Lauren! Very original.

I especially like Suburbs. It was really refreshing to hear :) One small suggestion for that track would be to add a bit more reverb on the snare.
It does have a hint of Bjork flavor. Nice.