Playstation One Inspired

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
This is the first track I have made in LMMS. There is some sparse electric guitar, everything else was sequenced in LMMS. Although I was not directly referencing them I had the feeling of Playstation One games such as Ape Escape in my mind when making this track.

Let me know how this makes you feel, as well as if you have any criticisms or comments on the instrumentation and production.

Thanks for your time.

https://soundcloud.com/lloyd-vasser/neptune-97

-Lloyd
welcome to the community!
I liked your track.
You use the sound-scape really creatively and first and foremost, you focus the good melody, imo something most important.
Thanks for the feedback!
I like this a lot, especially the way in which the abstract beginning turns into a good melody, which is hard to do.

The one thing I might suggest would to be avoid panning all the instruments out at different degrees right or left, just because it creates a bit of a disorienting sensation for the listener at first. If you were to put the melody center throughout, then it creates a more focused piece.

Really cool stuff! Good luck with your LMMS production in future :-)
Thanks for the comment. I do agree that the panning could be a little bit much.
Ha! Ha!
This is strangely fun to listen too!
Lovely surreal calm sounding melody/music.

And since you mentioned Ape escape.
I couldn't help but think, of many Crazy cutesy Ape monkey creatures, with those crazy hats, running around causing mischief. With this music playing in the backgorund.
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! :lol:

Panning is okay.
Cut it down just a tiny weenie bit!