Chasing Fire EP released!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I released a new 4 song EP! (With a bonus remix by Umcaruje)
Listen here: https://soundcloud.com/stakeoutpunch/se ... ng-fire-ep
Throw money/free download here: https://stakeoutpunch.bandcamp.com/albu ... ng-fire-ep

I hope you enjoy!
checking it out when I get home!
This EP is amazing !
"Desolate" is my favourite song in it ! It has a special feeling & it's very well produced and has a nice structure !
Good job Stakeout Punch !
T0NIT0RMX wrote:This EP is amazing !
"Desolate" is my favourite song in it ! It has a special feeling & it's very well produced and has a nice structure !
Good job Stakeout Punch !
Thanks! Desolate came from a lot of raw, negative emotion. My favorite part of it is the drop around 3:06.
Stakeout Punch wrote:Thanks! Desolate came from a lot of raw, negative emotion. My favorite part of it is the drop around 3:06.
You're welcome ! and sorry then.. But you conveys a lot of emotions through this song ! Especially in the drop at 3:06 ! It has a very interesting melody and in my mind it feels like something unorganized/organized at the same time, don't really know how to explain but it's truly awesome !
How did you make your song sound "loud & clear" ? I mean, all my songs are pretty quiet in LMMS, if I raise the volume it will be distorded !
Wow, they sound great. I think I can hear you problems almost in the music.

Hope things will go better from now on.

But those tracks are great.
T0NIT0RMX wrote:How did you make your song sound "loud & clear" ? I mean, all my songs are pretty quiet in LMMS, if I raise the volume it will be distorded !
Lots of practicing with mixing and mastering techniques. I've been doing this for a long time too, it's just a lot of smaller tricks picked up over the years. I also use FL for mastering my songs as their tools and plugins are leagues above anything bundled with LMMS (I don't use VSTs).

Some general things to look into:
  • Equalizers (EQ) and their use in both sound design and from a mixing aspect
  • How Compression and Limiting work and where to properly use them
  • Channel subgroups (bussing) and their use in the Mixer
Cheers!
Gps wrote:But those tracks are great.
Thank you.
Stakeout Punch wrote:Lots of practicing with mixing and mastering techniques. I've been doing this for a long time too, it's just a lot of smaller tricks picked up over the years. I also use FL for mastering my songs as their tools and plugins are leagues above anything bundled with LMMS (I don't use VSTs).

Some general things to look into:
  • Equalizers (EQ) and their use in both sound design and from a mixing aspect
  • How Compression and Limiting work and where to properly use them
  • Channel subgroups (bussing) and their use in the Mixer
Ok ! Thanks a lot ! I knew it would not be easy, for the moment I prefer leave my tracks a little quiet but clean, I tried to use limiting and compression but I just destroyed my song...
I already use groups in the mixer and effects channel (with the send button) and I EQ things so instruments takes only the requiered place in the frequency spectrum ! I'm currently working on my fourth song (actually it's almost finished), that's why I wondered what was your tricks to make song sounds loud, but I expected a such answer, music needs practise so I'll seriously have to learn and understand compression/limiting to get that "loud and clear" sound !

Thanks a lot !
Have a good day !
Intro- Pretty good. Could use some reverb snares and claps though near the end. need them to be slow paced though, but hell, that's just my opinion ;)
Desolate- It's really nice. The beginning is just so gorgeous and the end was equally beautiful but in between was lengthy for me. But, I do have the attention span of a squirrel :P
Burn- HOLY FUCK THE BUILD UP IS SO AMAZING. Seriously, I love the build up and then... what the hell... it just got slower and slower... I was honestly expecting percussion or something but it just slowed down, frequency was played around a bit and such. What should I say about this track? Well, I think that it's quite beautiful. It's not too lengthy. But I can't say if I like it or not that it slowed down halfway through.
Ashes- Beginning is strangely weird but me likey... and ohhhhhhh the percussion was just perfect for it. Overall, Ashes is pretty nice.

Bottom line, the EP is awesome. there are still a couple of flaws but then again I have a weird acquired taste. And tbh, I would re listen to the EP again definitely. (ESPECIALLY Burn....) Great work, bro!!
Tweedie Bird wrote:Bottom line, the EP is awesome. there are still a couple of flaws but then again I have a weird acquired taste. And tbh, I would re listen to the EP again definitely. (ESPECIALLY Burn....) Great work, bro!!