(LMMS) YouTube Playlists?

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
caLRo wrote:We will need someone with experience in video editing and Youtube.
I don't mind doing it, since I was a video graphics trainee 6 years ago. :geek:
But the PC I'm using now,is not that powerful. :P
As soon as I get, a more powerful better laptop or PC, I'll give you guys a Holla back. 8-)
caLRo wrote:Our advantage over conventional promo channels is that in our case we kind of already know where our tracks are coming from. We know what to expect in terms of quality and quantity since we already share our music on our forums, LSP, SoundCloud group, etc.
And that's a good advantage, we have over most others.
On second thought, the official LMMS channel would be better suited for promoting BoL winning tracks, and less suited for regular submissions. These winning tracks have been carefully selected by a group of judges, and therefore to a good degree represent the best of what the LMMS community has to offer. More importantly, the judging process will make the channel less biased towards a particular person's own musical tastes. The official LMMS channel should maintain a degree of neutrality, not favoring one genre/style over another.

This is not the case with conventional promo channels, as they are often run by a single person. Whether a submission gets approved for promotion or not depends largely on that person's own musical tastes. I don't think it's practical have the official LMMS channel be run by a group of judges constantly, casting votes for each track submission. There could be disagreements, and the whole submission and approval process could slow down significantly.

So I think it would be better to have just one of us start a new channel, and that all submissions be handled by that same person. The promo channel will lean towards that person's own tastes, but this should not be a problem. Promotion is not the same as competition.

Does this idea make any sense at all? Or am I rambling on about something that is totally beyond our reach?
I agree with that caLRo nice ideas.

The official LMMS youtube channel needs more content. The winner songs of the BoL content will be good examples for beginners what can be achived in LMMS.
bokuyata wrote:I agree with that caLRo nice ideas.

The official LMMS youtube channel needs more content. The winner songs of the BoL content will be good examples for beginners what can be achived in LMMS.
The official LMMS channel will not only be promoting the tracks, but also LMMS itself. :)

@brandystarbrite Do you have access to that Youtube account? Are you able to make videos with all the winning tracks and upload them to Youtube? Or does Youtube have certain visual templates for music (audio) uploads? If you can do this with your current computer that would be good. But a new computer would be great. :)
brandystarbrite wrote:Wow!
I just checked the Lmms promo vid again.
And I just subscribed, to the Lmms youtube channel.
I'm Subscriber Number 645. Yay!!
Cool Promo vid dudes. 8-)
Whoever did the music, graphics and video editing, sure did a Great job. 8-)
Hi, I was the one who did all the recording and editing, and the song is a collab between Grejppi, Syntask and myself.

I'm very glad you like the video :)

We are aware that we need some more content on the youtube page.

There were talks with Cubician to make some content for the page, but nothing concrete is there yet :)

Oh and about BoL v3: There probably will be a mix of the winners, if I have time to do it.
umcaruje wrote: Oh and about BoL v3: There probably will be a mix of the winners, if I have time to do it.
Sounds awesome. I would play it all day long. :D