The Sad City - Free Download

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Upgraded the song:

The Sad City
https://soundcloud.com/sound-breakrz/the-sad-city

Changed:
-volume of ALL presets.
-decreased the vol. of the kicker like hell so it's not in the "red"
-more variation
-Brought up the base choir

Enjoy. Peace.
I think it needs better mixing, but I am a n00b at that myself, so don't know how to advise you.

That kick is to much in the red I think, I have that problem myself too many times.
Its either not in the red, and then too quiet or in the red and then distorted.

Still a good song. :)
I like it too. I believe it is Very chill. (Something I can't do myself). I have troubles with volume control, so I can't really help you too much.
thanks all :)

@Gps, yeah, I'll experiment more with it and such. Kicks are always so frustrating and just stress me out cause I can't get a satisfying volume. Also, I've been noticing that the light drops preset when I hear my song on soundcloud is quite deafening. Is anyone else thinking the light drops are too loud or is that just me?

@Thanks, Leche :)

Enjoy. Peace.
a good start!
I think you should aim for about 3-4 mins in the finished track, but chill style tracks are often longer. You need some lead, ofcause, and i think a low register lead wotul fit the style well.
In respect to mixing
Maybe you can use this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuT_Ok6o5Dc
Thanks, bro :) Yeah true, they tend to be at a mark of 5-6 minutes long. Mhm, in my opinion the percussion is the more easier part when making the song cause I spent too long trying to figure out what would go good with the percussion to fit chill, and I think using light drops isn't quite fitting enough.
Alright, I"ll look into it. :)
Peace.
I like the feel of it. It really does feel to me like a sad city :P
The bass choir/pad you use in the background is really nice, airy, ambient. Sounds like someone is breathing down my neck or something. The light drops is nice too. Just enough sound to give it a nice melody.

The percussion could use some work though. Perhaps vary the volumes on the claps just a little. The claps just sound too repetitive. The kicks are okay but I agree they might be too loud or something.
thanks, mate! :D
Well, that's what I intended for the song to sound like, so it seemed to work. :)

Hmmmm. I think I know what you could mean by that. Maybe I should use the "pan" for certain notes for the clap? Alright, I'll see what I can do for the kick. Volume for percussion in general always gets quite messy ;)
Much better :)