Just Completed a Classical Piece

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Here is a classic concerto I just completed for practice:

https://youtu.be/p9-BK-NsrU4

I used LMMS + DSK strings/overture. I hate the flanger of DSK strings, especially violin, which makes it sound unreal. Turning off the flanger from the settings changed nothing. Overture is barely good and one of my friends still said that it sounds like Midi.
I think I like it, but it sounds a bit weird ? Like its recorded with a mike or something.

I know little to nothing about classical music though.
Hmm, I exported it from LMMS into wav, then ran the piece through Audacity with Normalize filter because the sound was very low somehow. It didn't sound so low when it's played in LMMS. Normalize shouldn't make it sound like recorded with a mike right?
newbie9999 wrote:Hmm, I exported it from LMMS into wav, then ran the piece through Audacity with Normalize filter because the sound was very low somehow.
Never do that! You will 'normalize' all noise too, and get a background 'buzz'

Your composition has nice use of instruments, imo you need to work on tempo, and how the instruments 'talks' to each other.
musikbear wrote:
newbie9999 wrote:Hmm, I exported it from LMMS into wav, then ran the piece through Audacity with Normalize filter because the sound was very low somehow.
Never do that! You will 'normalize' all noise too, and get a background 'buzz'

Your composition has nice use of instruments, imo you need to work on tempo, and how the instruments 'talks' to each other.
Oh oops, what should I do then? Will Amplifiy do it better? Or perhaps, how to get LMMS to export it with proper volume?

Thanks for your advices, I understand the instrument talking part, but what do you mean by tempo?

I will just improve on my next piece. If I start digging everything up again, I won't make the next piece.
in resp to exports, you should work with your mixing until you have suited volume, and good instrument balance
Maby like
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xuT_Ok6o5Dc/default.jpg

'Tempo' i mean when a note is longer or shorter, or even in a 'wrong' beat pos. Sounds somewhat like a 'stumple' -Difficult to explain, and only 'imo'
That looks like FX-Mixer window, right? I just remarked that while it sounds okay in my headphones, the volume is quite low on the master volume bar. But even when I pull the switch to the top, it doesn't look like it would increase a lot.

Ok, yeah, I was a little whimsy with the beat positions. So it's possible that it may sound out of beat on some places. Something I will pay more attention.