Long-term collaboration on an album until it makes it

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Remix done!

https://lmms.io/lsp/?action=show&file=7989
https://soundcloud.com/calro-6/high-on- ... ro-remix-1

I'm going to need some time to come up with an original track for this album. I would like to have some consistency among the tracks I make for this album, so I will stick close to my current house genre and the style. Of course, if you want to remix my tracks you can do that in any way you want.

High On, you have made quite a few tracks recently. Do you intend to include them all in this album?
caLRo wrote: High On, you have made quite a few tracks recently. Do you intend to include them all in this album?
Honestly, it doesn't seem like my decision. Whatever people want to remix, they can, and they can include on this album. I release everything as Creative Commons - Attribution anyway, so it's all fair game.
My turn :) I’m working on something to go along with CaLRo’s remix – Ideality… may be a couple of days before I can finish.
tanner wrote:My turn :) I’m working on something to go along with CaLRo’s remix – Ideality… may be a couple of days before I can finish.
Great! Looking forward to hearing your remix.
tanner wrote:My turn :) I’m working on something to go along with CaLRo’s remix – Ideality… may be a couple of days before I can finish.
Be sure to remix my remix of CaLRo's track as well, and also pick one of your own tracks for us to remix!
If we work together as a collaborative group, we'll have to come up with a name at some point.

I think as open-source musicians, we should accentuate the fact that the music we're providing has a technically infinite bitrate, since it can be re-exported to any format. Kinda like the difference between vector graphics and raster graphics.

With that in mind, I think "Infinite Resolution" would be a good name for our group. What do you think?
loveamplifier wrote:If we work together as a collaborative group, we'll have to come up with a name at some point.

I think as open-source musicians, we should accentuate the fact that the music we're providing has a technically infinite bitrate, since it can be re-exported to any format. Kinda like the difference between vector graphics and raster graphics.

With that in mind, I think "Infinite Resolution" would be a good name for our group. What do you think?
I've been using "LMMS Sharing Platform Supergroup" and its tag "LSPS" uptil now. I haven't yet thought about other names for our group.

That infinite bitrate thing is nothing special. Many other audio software can do what LMMS can do (Ardour for example). The open-source nature isn't unique to LMMS either.

If we want to emphasize our usage of LMMS as our DAW, we can perhaps have an album subtitle like "Made with LMMS". As for the album title itself, I don't quite know yet, but I don't think "Infinite Resolution" is very fitting for the reaons mentioned above.

But for now, we as a group are LSPS. The tracks on the album will have individual artist names anyway, so I don't see much need to add a group name on top of the album title, for now.

Something else. Although we are using projects on LSP to make remixes for our album, I have to point out that if anyone doesn't want his/her track to be remixed for the album (for any reason), we have to respect that decision.
How can I help?
Zesogard wrote:How can I help?
You can remix one of High On's projects, create something new for us to remix, or remix a project you like on LSP. In all three cases, you can just take your time and work on it whenever you want. Just be sure to tag it LSPS and use both this forum and the LSP.
Well here’s my addition to CaLRo’s remix of HIGH ON’s IDEALITY. It’s a mess :/ … after starting over 4 times I decided EDM really isn’t my forte. But, I said it was my turn :) maybe someone can fix it or use some of it.
https://lmms.io/lsp/?action=show&file=8018