I don't always...

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Yeah I did hear that, I am a bit lost on were this is used in The Party - Kraze though.
But lest not get too much off topic. This one is about you're track, :)
Gps wrote:
brandystarbrite wrote:This Soundin Dope, HomeBoy!! 8-)

PS: Sorry about the rapper quote. Ha! Ha!
Your music track sounds cool. :)

Did you deliberately, put some of those notes from the loud synth, out of sync, with the rest of the music track?
If so, it would make sense for a track like this.
I know they did that, with the Kraze Party song (Mr. Gps loves that song), from the 80's.

All of a sudden, I'm thinking about those cars, that bounce up and down, while this music plays. :lol:
Now you telling me ? :x

Serious though, can you explain what you mean with out of sync?
Not on 1 and a 2 and a 3 and a 4 ?
Ha! Ha!
The other day before Christmas Eve, when I was re listening to the Kraze Party youtube link, you posted, on one of your posts, I listened to the sound track, and noticed that somewhere in the later parts of the track, the piano player either lost concentration and played the melody late, or maybe, just maybe that was deliberate.
I re listened to the track again, and noticed I was not hearing things. He did play the notes out of sync (accidently?)

But the way he did it (whether it be accidental or not), he made it still sound cool and in sync with the rest of the sound track.
Not everyone could do that.
I believe, that even you made a comment, about how you noticed that part of piano melody in the Kraze Party track, seemed out of sync, with the rest of the music.

I would say, that even though, that part of track, had piano notes playing out of sync,
the Kraze House piano players mind was somehow retuned in, with the rest of the music and he played the notes fast enough, to get back in sync with the rest of the Party song. Kinda like he was catching up with the rest of the music track.
Which I find was very cool. 8-)
I have noticed, that this is better achieved if it is accidently done.
And when the musician is not aware, that for the first few secs/milli secs or later, that he has just played his melody/note, out of time, with the rest of the music.

That is not easy to do in a DAW.
Unless you plan on recording the melody, then importing the audio file into a DAW like Lmms.

Also, I don't know why, but I've have noticed, that this out of sync piano playing, strangely, in most cases, sounds better in old school House music, 80's music, and old school Black american, Funk type music etc.

In the case of Leches soundtrack, it sounds like something a car bouncing rapper would like, so the misplaced notes, whether accidental or not, really suits this track perfectly.

I hope you understand what I wrote.
It took me a while to figure out, how to explain this to you and everyone else.
Yes now it does make perfect sense to me, thank you.

Its funny in some way, every time I try to cover something I really like, I find out there is something not standard about it.

Reminds of a female music teacher LOL
She said if you make a mistake when playing life, do it again so people will think you did it on purpose.

One trick I am already using is trying to have different note volumes.

And about the out if sync it gives an interesting effect, just like with leche track.
Maybe i should put some of the notes in lmms deliberately slightly off sync.

Did you guys know ? ( I read this some were) most artist playing life will play the note at the 1 count louder but also a fraction too early.
The intro really brings me in, sounds so clean....makes me feel like i'm at the beach, lyin down , sun blazin drinks, hearing the sound of waves rushing

Amazing work leche I can't even and the sudden bass from left to right, I'm feeling it
Gps wrote:

And about the out if sync it gives an interesting effect, just like with leche track.
Maybe i should put some of the notes in lmms deliberately slightly off sync.
I would believe that's a good idea, but make sure it doesn't sound like it's clipping, or glitching. Cause then someone's gonna think something went wrong in the production of the song.
DestinyMoonX wrote:The intro really brings me in, sounds so clean....makes me feel like i'm at the beach, lyin down , sun blazin drinks, hearing the sound of waves rushing

Amazing work leche I can't even and the sudden bass from left to right, I'm feeling it
Thank you DestinyMoonX, it was (a lot of work) making this song, but it was also a pleasure.
Thx for the feedback :)
I'm curious as to how you did the lead synth, it sounds very much like the standard future bass synth you'd hear on tracks by Monstercat artists. Are you using builtin plugins or a VSTi?

Also, yeah, quite a bit of the melody seems too off-beat for my liking. And needs more trappy hihats for that future bass goodness :D
Minkovsky wrote:I'm curious as to how you did the lead synth, it sounds very much like the standard future bass synth you'd hear on tracks by Monstercat artists. Are you using builtin plugins or a VSTi?
Okay, first of all, I'm glad you like monstercat. Secondly, it was a sample :/
Minkovsky wrote:
Also, yeah, quite a bit of the melody seems too off-beat for my liking. And needs more trappy hihats for that future bass goodness :D
It honestly depends on the style, but I see where you're coming from. It is needing more Hats and snares, but it is my first. I am still carefully observing the genre though.