Back to EDM

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi guys. It's that time of year again...the time when I have an urge to make a proper EDM song again (which I haven't for a year, having been disappointed in my last attempt). Naturally, I couldn't make up my mind on which genre to do, so I tried to do several. It didn't quite turn out as a normal EDM song because the song structure is really just random, but oh well. Anyways, here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/melodic-synth-lab/jukeboxer

It's a little long, but I hope there's at least a part of it you can enjoy!

As always, constructive criticism is highly appreciated.
fine track. am i correct if i guess, that you had two (maby even 2½ :) sketches, and you merged them into this track?
It is a bit uneven, like a marriage forced by family :)
In the end i could hear two good EDM tracks, and a pinch of dubstep squeezed in?
musikbear wrote:fine track. am i correct if i guess, that you had two (maby even 2½ :) sketches, and you merged them into this track?
It is a bit uneven, like a marriage forced by family :)
In the end i could hear two good EDM tracks, and a pinch of dubstep squeezed in?
I made most of the song linearly like normal, but you are right about the sketches— I already had a trap drop completed, which I based this one off of, and I was playing around with some dubstep bass experiments earlier too. But mostly I came up with the song as I went. I do agree that it's kind of an awkward mash of genres, like the big room house part I put in just because I wanted to try out the genre even though it didn't really add anything to the song :/