Looking Back At You*** Released!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I am getting a serious portal 2 vibe.

The kick sounds a bit clippy. I recommend going to the FX panel, and adding either fast lookahead limiter, calf reverb, or both lol.
I love the crickets/wind sound effect.

Overall, great track.
Ah, I see. Thanks! :) Didn't know I could add more on the kick. In LMMS it sounds fine though. Weird that it sounds different in soundcloud xD Thanks loads for the feedback, bro!
The Chill Frog wrote:Ah, I see. Thanks! :) Didn't know I could add more on the kick. In LMMS it sounds fine though. Weird that it sounds different in soundcloud xD Thanks loads for the feedback, bro!
XD. Yeah.

That's the reason my orchestral mashup was kinda weird. It sounded different on sc than lmms.
https://soundcloud.com/thechillfrog/bring-it
** c:
1st released trap song
Looking back at you
I just listened to it.
Nice.
I will admit, it has a slight yet pleasant, PG horror/thriller vibe and sound to it though.
Just listened to both. Nice ambient track; the only criticism I have is on the kick, as Leche mentioned. I would recommend manipulating the volume envelope to get rid of that click at the end (unless you want it there).

As for the trap song, it sounded more like a backbeat to a rap song (which is pretty close, but there's a difference). In trap, I'd say there's more emphasis on the synth lead since there's usually no vocals (or few). Also, I would add a high hat part at some point for a little more rhythm.
Thanks, Brandy! Haha a pleasant yet PG horror/thriller vibe? Lol! I didn't know I could pull a weird mix like that off.... xd

yeah, the kick would sound a hell lot better without that clip. Oh damn, I forgot to put the hihat!!! I knew before starting the project I was trying to keep on remembering to add one. Lol!
yes the kick has a click unless its intended?
It is however not attack, it is release. Release artefacts are generally more difficult to solve.
I do hear some disharmonics, but are they meant to increase the irrie overall feeling, then its a success.
the click was intended but I realized it does get kind of annoying.

Yes, without the disharmonics, then the song wouldn't have it's atmosphere :)