Umcaruje - Slow Down

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!

https://soundcloud.com/umcaruje/slow-down/

It took a while to finish this one, but its finally here. This track started its journey over at LMMS, but in the process of me switching to Bitwig, I rendered all of the tracks separately and bounced them back to Bitwig for further processing, which was a really fun thing to do. Enjoy :3

Typesetting for the artwork done by grejppi.
This music is really nice.
Nice work Umcaruje.
Now I have another House track to listen too. 8-)
Wrd. 8-)
really good instruments, especially that portalead, and the percussion sounds is super. On top of that crisp and clean mix. well done.
But bitwig migration ..
Is the reason functionality or is it sound -or ?
300€ is more than .. 0, so where lies the important differences?
brandystarbrite wrote:This music is really nice.
Nice work Umcaruje.
Now I have another House track to listen too.
Wrd.
Thanks Brandy :)
musikbear wrote:really good instruments, especially that portalead, and the percussion sounds is super. On top of that crisp and clean mix. well done.
Thanks on the kind Words.
musikbear wrote:But bitwig migration ..
Is the reason functionality or is it sound -or ?
300€ is more than .. 0, so where lies the important differences?
It's everything. Bitwig is just superior to LMMS in almost every aspect.

From the fact that it has linux VST support, and better quality plugins, and the absolutely amazing UI, to the fact that you can't ever loose your project files, because of the decoupling of the core and GUI. So, even though the Engine crashed, you don't loose any data, and you can just restart it and continue working.
umcaruje wrote: It's everything. Bitwig is just superior to LMMS in almost every aspect
:
decoupling of the core and GUI. So, even though the Engine crashed, you don't loose any data
Ok, thats really neat! Thx for info :)
Nice song. Why did you choose Bitwig over Cubase, FL Studio, Ableton, Logic Pro, etc.?
Snarf wrote:Nice song. Why did you choose Bitwig over Cubase, FL Studio, Ableton, Logic Pro, etc.?
Thanks. I chose Bitwig since I really liked the workflow, and also there's the fact that it runs natively on Linux, and I have completely switched to Linux since buying it.
Ah, that makes sense. I guess a Mac user might be more likely to use Logic or Ableton maybe, but platform doesn't matter as much for those or FL/Cubase. But if Bitwig works for you, awesome! I am sticking with LMMS for now though.
Well done, umcaruje! Sounds very professional. Great work.
I also like the cover art!
When listening to your song I was like "Oh dayum this is good" and started bobbing my head to it.
The Chill Frog wrote:I also like the cover art!
Yep. I agree. That is a really well done cover art pic.
Also, I noticed, that the fonts used for the title, really suit it well. :)
The Chill Frog wrote:When listening to your song I was like "Oh dayum this is good" and started bobbing my head to it.
Yep. That's a good way of putting it.
That's the feeling you get when listening to it. 8-)
A very good, well done track.