Space Journey

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I released a new song. Check it out here:
https://soundcloud.com/acydemusic/space-journey

I used a compressor for fuller sound and many Synth1 instruments.
I am open for critc.
That's pretty sweet. I think you could mix the drums better though. I didn't feel a lot of power in the claps
and the cymbals/hats were a little loud. Now this next thing is just stylistic, but i feel that after the first drop
you should have just totally broken the melody down in to something mind-melting fast, then switched into some
chords, *silence* and then just BUSTED on the next drop, but that's just me. Great track though. God bless and
good day,
Thanks for the critic :)
I will mix the drums better in my next song.
greetings
ACYDE :)
I like how it changes at 1:43 secs onward.

Suggestion: Vary the melody a bit, as the track progresses on.
You can always go back to the original melody, later on in the track.

Personally, I think that the drums should be a tad bit harder and wider. Not too much though.

But despite that, your music track sounds nice.
Thanks brandy :)
How do i make drums wider?
good track, but as brandy and lmmsguy said, the melody is conform, and variation would be good. In fact i felt that the track was too long, and thats primarily based on the melody being 'too familiar' through the track.
Wideness can be done with stereo-enhancers, or as described here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1vO-DmB6Os
-But percussion is normally -not- wide! So i think Brandy thinks all your percussion -elements- seams to come from one 'spot' in the soundscape, and that you should spread the individual elements over the soundscape, not widen the individual sounds, cause that will sound weird
Thanks musikBear :)
musikbear wrote:But percussion is normally -not- wide! So i think Brandy thinks all your percussion -elements- seams to come from one 'spot' in the soundscape, and that you should spread the individual elements over the soundscape, not widen the individual sounds, cause that will sound weird
Oh crappys.
Yep. That is what I meant. He! He! Musikbear said it correctly.
how do I make that drums dont come from one point in the soundscape?
ACYDE Music wrote:how do I make that drums dont come from one point in the soundscape?
Panning. Keep the kick centered, but pan the hats (open to one side, closed to the other) and the snare a little bit off but close to the center still. This will spread them out in stereo, but don't widen the percussion sounds themselves like musicbear said. You want the overall effect to sound like a drumkit, not a single megadrum.