Robot Wonder

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Yet another installment of "mrlmmsguy's strange dubstep in the same key"
Let me know if I need to stop it already https://soundcloud.com/mrlmmsguy/robot-wonder
link is bad now
This is one unusual sounding dubstep track.
I have never heard dubstep like this before.

This is a fun track to listen too.
I call this genre,.... RoboStep. 8-)
Now, I shall put on my shades and say,....Wrd. 8-)
mrlmmsguy wrote: if I need to stop it already
im afraid i wote for that, sorry, but only imo. You already have positive fb :)
I was never too sure what exactly counted as dubstep but if that's it I'm happy to stay ignorant. Way too buzzy and fizzy for my taste...but that's o.k. I'm old so I prefer a bit more bass and a lot less discord ;).

Steve
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I've got plenty more tracks to dump on the unsuspecting world. :evil: Hee hee.
Also,
Slipstick wrote: I was never too sure what exactly counted as dubstep but if that's it I'm happy to stay ignorant.
FYI, dubstep is a genre of electronic music (duh) that typically uses half step beats at 140bpm and features plenty of bass heavy instruments, wobbles, growls, and usually a distorted/chopped up breakdown known as "the drop".
Of course, if you're an LMMS user, chances are you already know that.
That being said, my tracks don't exactly fit that mold, "Robot Wonder" has no wobbles or growls.
"Technical knockout" has no drop and clocks in at 200bpm (Doctor Vox "sub warriors" anyone?)
"The new rules of boiling" has wobbles and is at 140 BPM, but you might notice that I also tossed in a hardstyle melody or two. But all of them had a half step beat and that ubitquitous "doomp" snare. So yeah, what should I call it?
God bless and good day
mrlmmsguy wrote:So yeah, what should I call it?
Errr....why not just "music" ? Then people can decide for themselves what they think they're hearing.

Sorry, it's just that from my point of view there are a ridiculous number of genres, often with tiny differences between them. And still the stuff I make doesn't fit into any of them. And that really pleases me. I don't like pigeon-holes ;).

Steve