I created a Goa Psytrance in LMMS

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!

I created this musical project, I hope you like it.

to create the bass, use TripleOxcillator and ZynAddSubFX, to create the kick, use the Sample "kick_01.ogg" and ZynAddSubFX.

The sounds, the vast majority are created with TripleOxcillator.

All of course in Linux Multimedia Studio
https://soundcloud.com/asakuradespisesk ... iginal-mix
I'm not an expert in Goa psytrance, but I shall try to help.
This track is nice. :)

Interesting use of sounds and sound effects in this track. :)
------------------------------------------

The bass melody synth+drum sound is nice too.
But the only problem with it, is that, it is a slight bit too loud and as the music progresses, it overpowers
and drowns out the other cool melodies and sound effects playing in the track.

Suggestion: Lower the volume of both the drum and bass a bit, when other melodies etc.
are playing, or are about to play. So that the other melodies and sounds can be heard.

Or, when other synth sounds are playing or about to play, use the Lmms' Automation feature, to lower the volume of the Bass+drum when other instruments are playing. So they won't clash/overpower/drown out, each other.

Also, when making some music tracks, try to make them not too loud. He! He! :)

And not so repetitive. In this case, the Bass sound. :)
-----------------------------------------

Nice fade out with the cymbal clash, at 10:52 secs onward. :D
Very cool!

Note: Alot more can be done and added to this track,to make it sound even cooler. 8-)
But all in all, the music I have heard from you so far sound good. :D

So far this is my favourite track from you:
Use it as a guide.
You did alot of things right in this track. 8-)
brandystarbrite wrote:I'm not an expert in Goa psytrance, but I shall try to help.
This track is nice. :)

Interesting use of sounds and sound effects in this track. :)
------------------------------------------

The bass melody synth+drum sound is nice too.
But the only problem with it, is that, it is a slight bit too loud and as the music progresses, it overpowers
and drowns out the other cool melodies and sound effects playing in the track.

Suggestion: Lower the volume of both the drum and bass a bit, when other melodies etc.
are playing, or are about to play. So that the other melodies and sounds can be heard.

Or, when other synth sounds are playing or about to play, use the Lmms' Automation feature, to lower the volume of the Bass+drum when other instruments are playing. So they won't clash/overpower/drown out, each other.

Also, when making some music tracks, try to make them not too loud. He! He! :)

And not so repetitive. In this case, the Bass sound. :)
-----------------------------------------

Nice fade out with the cymbal clash, at 10:52 secs onward. :D
Very cool!

Note: Alot more can be done and added to this track,to make it sound even cooler. 8-)
But all in all, the music I have heard from you so far sound good. :D

So far this is my favourite track from you:
Use it as a guide.
You did alot of things right in this track. 8-)

Thanks, as always.

I clarified that this is not the original audio, since this modified aproposito mp3.

The music is monotonous because the idea is here Hypnotize and blow you through the senses or good, I try. Monotonia is normal in this genre, the Progressive Psytrance naturally make it long and repetitive that fulfills its purpose.

-------------------------------------------------- -------

Good thing you like my other topic, but that is a Trance Progressive regular Trance normal, I did this time is a Psytrance, and although the name is similar, it is not in sound and content are 2 different genres and none derived from the other, on the contrary, each is independent.

The most obvious difference is the effect, pronounced bass and kick which are drier.

I'm more versatile than you think, for example, I did a Drum & Bass under the pseudonym ADK Producers and this in my Youtube account:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBTQpI_BkjQ

I have previously created Psytrance:

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP5tq4URLMQ

-------------------------------------------------- -----------

Thank you very much for everything, and I hope to contant with advice, greetings.
Erothynomus wrote:The music is monotonous because the idea is here Hypnotize and blow you through the senses or good, I try. Monotonia is normal in this genre, the Progressive Psytrance naturally make it long and repetitive that fulfills its purpose.
Thanks for that info. I learned something new.
Erothynomus wrote:I'm more versatile than you think, for example, I did a Drum & Bass under the pseudonym ADK Producers and this in my Youtube account:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBTQpI_BkjQ
This sounds nice. I like it. :)
good track. Especially liked the drive in the percussion, and you have some great sound effects. Are those 'made' or are they wave-recordings? I have always looked for at vst that can make these 'next to resonance-pops'. Sometimes when i change between instruments in Synth1, some absolutely amazing sounds comes out, but it is completely random and uncontrollable :p. Lmms own Sfx is actually pretty good, but the sounds are somewhat '8-bittish'
How did you get those chirps at 3:57 and the surrounding area? Those were dope
musikbear wrote: Sometimes when i change between instruments in Synth1, some absolutely amazing sounds comes out, but it is completely random and uncontrollable :p.
I know what you mean. It happened a couple of times with me too.
Super awesome cool sounds. 8-)

To musikbear and anyone else.

Tutorial suggestion
Anytime you have Lmms open, and Synth 1 loaded:

1) Open Audacity.

2) In Audacity, set it to SoundMax Digital Audio: Wave Out Mix.
That option in Audacity, will enable you record sounds from Youtube or Lmms etc.

3) Then in Audacity press the record button.

4) And switch instruments in Synth one, to your hearts content. 8-)

Audacity will record all of those cool unusual sounds.
Then you can edit them, turn them into ogg. or wav. audio samples and use them
in your Trance/other music tracks etc.

Cool don't you think. 8-)
brandystarbrite wrote: To musikbear and anyone else.
Oh yes true! -but you will get -one- sound only, and that will be in one Hz oscillation, so that one sound will only 'work' in that one key, and perhaps not even be in exact 'that' coolness that you imagined :p
But nice instructions on audacity!

What i 'miss' is a way to get -that- sound on any keypress, so you could do even harmonics with some of those sounds :D ! -Then again Doing like Brandy suggests, and then after that making pitch-changes, also with audacity, would (eventually) give the result, but imagine the creative possibilities, if someone would make a vst with that purpose only.
Using LFOs with some crazy settings in zasfx, can actually make 'some' stuff, but it is a LOT of t&e :p