Asian inspired synthpop

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Chinese Dreams

Any comments or inputs would be appreciated. :-)
you have something here, but i felt 'disappointed' that the melody diddent evolve dramatically after the driving percussion, If you could find something 'more' there, instead of 'just' going back to the same lead, it would be really powerful.
Love that 'drive' :)
musikbear wrote:you have something here, but i felt 'disappointed' that the melody diddent evolve dramatically after the driving percussion, If you could find something 'more' there, instead of 'just' going back to the same lead, it would be really powerful.
That's why it's called WIP. ;)

Maybe it was a too early posting. :lol:
Maybe it's the melodic drumstep influence I have, but I feel like there could be more of a chordal support in the background. The other thing I'd say is that maybe the drums sound a ton like 80's synth pop and the overall sound is kinda videogame-y.
It sounds very 80's, which could be awesome if you took the track down that path all the way.
davisjacobym wrote:Maybe it's the melodic drumstep influence I have, but I feel like there could be more of a chordal support in the background. The other thing I'd say is that maybe the drums sound a ton like 80's synth pop and the overall sound is kinda videogame-y.
Snarf wrote:It sounds very 80's, which could be awesome if you took the track down that path all the way.
As I stated earlier, it's maybe a too early posting and that's why it feels rather empty at some parts (like the complete track). :lol:
Great! It was supposed to be a little bit to the 80's, I'll try to figure out how to weave it all together. ;)
For me it sounds good, you could make it a bit louder since it sounds kinda low on my machine when compared with other songs and videos.
Made some changes, enabled something more and turned up the volume a bit. ;)
Have a try at: https://soundcloud.com/goam/chinese-dreams-wip2 and please share your thoughts.
Oh, spacesynth with chiptunes! Very nice.
Of course the second track is better. But for me both track are good. The first one can be used as a background music in some game. While the second can be used both in the game and in someone's playlist.
Finally!
I'm very happy to announce that I've finally finished this one, thanks to all who gave me advices on the way. :)

Feel free to listen to the full version (still waiting for lyrics though) at: https://soundcloud.com/goam/chinese-dre ... strumental

And as usual, if you have any feedback.... :)