Pop/House Beat (Did I Get Close?)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Just started making beats, this is like my third one, would love your thoughts....

https://soundcloud.com/formthefrequency ... house-beat
How do you guys think I did?
You did great.
I especially liked that subtle square, and the way you make it harmonize with your melody. very elegant!
Good track
I like it. :)
Very nice. I like the chill sound. The kick and bass were nice and smooth (that kick was especially well mixed) and the percussion and harmony parts had good clarity too. One thing that I would change (and this is a matter of personal taste) would be the panning on the snare roll. It alternated a little to quickly with that hard panning. I would either back down on the total panning or the speed of the alternation. Also you had some very noticeable clipping going on when the bell melody came in. Other than that it sounded great though.
Now this is music!
Tropical island, evening sunset type music. 8-)
Lovely!

That instrument sound, used from 1:08 to 1:23 secs and 2:46 to 3:01 secs etc, and the sound melody
that comes after it, sounds Tropically surreal.
Even musikbear, seems to have noticed it too, on soundcloud.
There is a sound similar to that, in Mario Sunshine's, Tropical Nooki Bay stage. 8-)
I think that's why, I like it so much.

My only critique, is that the kick, sounds a slight bit too soft.
Make it a tiny tiny bit louder.
Or, ignore what I just said, about the kick. Since it suits this track well. :P

This is a fantastic track. Good work dude!
I really enjoyed listening to this. 8-)
brandystarbrite wrote:Now this is music!
Tropical island, evening sunset type music. 8-)
Lovely!

That instrument sound, used from 1:08 to 1:23 secs and 2:46 to 3:01 secs etc, and the sound melody
that comes after it, sounds Tropically surreal.
Even musikbear, seems to have noticed it too, on soundcloud.
There is a sound similar to that, in Mario Sunshine's, Tropical Nooki Bay stage. 8-)
I think that's why, I like it so much.

My only critique, is that the kick, sounds a slight bit too soft.
Make it a tiny tiny bit louder.
Or, ignore what I just said, about the kick. Since it suits this track well. :P

This is a fantastic track. Good work dude!
I really enjoyed listening to this. 8-)
Hey I just now saw this post way too late but thank you so much for the kind words... that's super cool that you caught the vibe I was trying to accomplish. That tropical feel. Thats dope! haha. But yeah I never really got any positive feedback on any of the beats I made so I kinda just put LMMS away for awhile, but picked it back up last night and had a blast with it. Did a remix of Paramore and I think it definitely turned me back onto LMMS by how it turned out. Here it is if you're curious: https://soundcloud.com/formthefrequency ... more-remix
Thanks again for "getting" the sound!