Paramore Remix (ScreenCam)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I took an acapella from Haley Williams/Paramore's track Ain't It Fun and I think it turned out pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4tRvQckRnk

Would love to get some opinions from you pros out there. :) This was my third time ever using LMMS or any other beat making software. I'm starting to get the hang of things tho. If you noticed anything unusual things I did in the video, please, please let me know so I can correct my mistakes and get better. Also I used Audacity to record the electric guitars and make the final edits to the track. Thanks for checking it out! -Mike
Well done. working with long recordings in lmms is not an easy task, in fact its frustrating.
This sounds really good. Lovely remix. 8-)
Even though the kick drums aren't that loud, it really suits this track. :)
It's amazing what you did, with a 5 minute plus recording. :D
Good work dude. 8-)
brandystarbrite wrote:This sounds really good. Lovely remix. 8-)
Even though the kick drums aren't that loud, it really suits this track. :)
8-)

Really? At first I thought the kicks were way too loud, so I turned them down. Do you have studio monitors or what? I'm currently using behringer speakers, but they're not that great so it's hard to get a perfect mix on any of my tunes. But from my end, the kicks were fine, so it's clearly a speaker issue...
TheMikeFrequency wrote: Really? At first I thought the kicks were way too loud, so I turned them down. Do you have studio monitors or what? I'm currently using behringer speakers, but they're not that great so it's hard to get a perfect mix on any of my tunes. But from my end, the kicks were fine, so it's clearly a speaker issue...
Personally, I think your mix sounds great. Sure, the kick isn't too pronounced in the mix, but it's more of a rock style than EDM so I think it fits the song perfectly. I would say the some of the synths are a little on the quiet side (the wobbly bass thing in particular) but that's probably good, because the vocals are the important part and they are nice and strong.

FYI I just use headphones. My mixes aren't very good normally, but I don't think it's from my lack of studio monitors; I just don't have enough technical knowledge. How long have you been producing?
Snarf wrote: FYI I just use headphones. My mixes aren't very good normally, but I don't think it's from my lack of studio monitors; I just don't have enough technical knowledge. How long have you been producing?
Well I just started making "beats". I've been making them for around 2 or 3 months now. But this is purely out of joy and amusement, and has become my new hobbie. Though I'm a pretty accomplished musician already. Been playing for around 13 years or so, give or take...

Here's my soundcloud, there's some dope tunes in there

https://soundcloud.com/formthefrequencyproductions
TheMikeFrequency wrote:I think it turned out pretty well.
It totally rock. 8-)